Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
I'm trying to figure out the birth date. The record date is May 1, 1854. The birthdate appears to be on the 18th, but that doesn't look like the expected month of Aprile (is it?). What is the word written in the space for the month?
OK that makes sense. I was wondering why it didn't say "dieciotto" But I also wonder why they used corrente for the year and not for the month.
Thanks.
Very few works have been published in English on the topics of Italian heraldry, nobility and onomatology as these relate to genealogy. Yet all three fields depend upon genealogical research. This concise presentation is not intended as a historical treatise, but rather as a simple guide for those i...