Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
I'm trying to figure out the birth date. The record date is May 1, 1854. The birthdate appears to be on the 18th, but that doesn't look like the expected month of Aprile (is it?). What is the word written in the space for the month?
OK that makes sense. I was wondering why it didn't say "dieciotto" But I also wonder why they used corrente for the year and not for the month.
Thanks.
Giovanni Caboto, son of Giulio, was born in Gaeta, Italy, around 1451 AD. After the Aragonese defeated the Angevins in 1461, his family took refuge in Venice where the young Giovanni grew up, got married to Mattea about 1870 and had three children: Ludovico, Sebastiano, and Sancto. His dream was to ...