Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
I'm trying to figure out the birth date. The record date is May 1, 1854. The birthdate appears to be on the 18th, but that doesn't look like the expected month of Aprile (is it?). What is the word written in the space for the month?
OK that makes sense. I was wondering why it didn't say "dieciotto" But I also wonder why they used corrente for the year and not for the month.
Thanks.
Ever since I was a little boy, my dad would show me my great grandfather's card, and tell me that he was a count in Italy. I was always intrigued by that, but never really thought about asking my grandmother questions, or anyone else for that matter. About ten years ago, as more and more information...