ummm...any ideas??

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Confused

ummm...any ideas??

Post by Confused »

Alright...Here is the deal... I am kinda young and kinda just found out that maybe I'm not really italian at all...or maybe I am...My family isn't the brightest bunch so they have no idea... My last name is Apadula which supposdly originated from Italy...Which part, I have no idea..But just recently one of my uncles tried to find out all of our hertiage and family tree...He has been searching for some time now and says he can't find out any origin of our last name...He says the closet name he can find is Abdullah which originated from either Lebanon or Jordon in the middle east... Now my crazy uncle came up with this insane theory that back in the early ages when the Roman Catholics were killing all non Christins that we possibly could have fled from Jordon or Lebanon to hide in Italy and change our last name a little bit to sound Italian...He admits it just a theory...and it sounds kinda far fetched...But could I not be Italian at all and really be part middle eastern...The fact that I don't know kinda bothers...There has to be a better explaination for the lack of origin to the last name Apadula....Any help or ideas on how I could find out would be really helpful, since I have no idea how to go about this...thank you very much..
ptimber
Master
Master

Re: ummm...any ideas??

Post by ptimber »

Apadula is the correct spelling of the surname located in 32 cities towns and villages in Italy. the surname =appears to be concentrated in and around the Naples province and in the surround Camapania region of Naples as well.The remaininf areas are in the north Italy. The surname is not listed as an Italkian surname but there is no record of the surname so it must be coinsidered either local in origin and or imported from abroad, Consequently you can do the necessary research by going to www.google.com and inserting the surname Apadula and genealogy in the tile and see who is researching the surname and also go to the internet and put in the surname there. Lots of luck to you. Peter
lololo
Rookie
Rookie

Post by lololo »

ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

LOLOLO She is not ooking wherfe the name is distributed in Italy she is verifing the existence of the surname. Your contribution is uncessary since she has not aked the question as to where these surnames are located. Read . Peter
lololo
Rookie
Rookie

Post by lololo »

ptimber wrote:LOLOLO She is not ooking wherfe the name is distributed in Italy she is verifing the existence of the surname. Your contribution is uncessary since she has not aked the question as to where these surnames are located. Read . Peter
Look, stop saying what I have to post. If you want, I let you sit on my chair and write to me :evil:

Vai caçar sua turma, seu á toa :x
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

Only if you contribute something of value instead of just tooting your horn. Peter
lololo
Rookie
Rookie

Post by lololo »

ptimber wrote:Only if you contribute something of value instead of just tooting your horn. Peter
já TÃâ€
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

On the other hand port wine gives me gas! Peter
Essgee
Master
Master

Post by Essgee »

If you look at www.ellisisland.org you will find that most of the name that came through Ellis Island came from the town of Acerno in Salerno. Check out the site and see if you find the realtive you seek. If not, let us know the name and we will attempt to find the individual for you and your Uncle. Give us the first name of the immigrating ancestor and we will try and track in the census and find a passenger record. Getting back to the commune might help identify the origins of the name more specifically and will enable to you get more documentation.

Should all you seek is the meaning of the name, then that question has been answered. If you want or need more, just let us know.
f_albero

Post by f_albero »

Lololo's link is pretty much from where I started my research. It's well worth a look. Then look carefully to what Essgee said and listen even more carefully to this: talk to the elder family members. They remember stories that no one else do.

When I started my research 3 years ago I knew exactly one thing, that my great grandfather was Italian, his surname was a question mark “as inâ€Â
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

[quote="f_albero"]Lololo's link is pretty much from where I started my research. It's well worth a look. Then look carefully to what Essgee said and listen even more carefully to this: talk to the elder family members. They remember stories that no one else do.

When I started my research 3 years ago I knew exactly one thing, that my great grandfather was Italian, his surname was a question mark “as inâ€Â
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

I refer my brazilian colleagues to the book ITALIAN GENEALOGICAL RECORDS by Traffor R. Cole so that they may know what to say to an inquiring person about their genealogy and not repeat what other peole have already stated. Peter
pafl

Post by pafl »

i am searching for the leone family who orignated i think from italy. at least that is what i was told. can anyone help me in my search for this last name.
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

Leone is fairly ciommon and are located in 1,986 cities,towns,villages and hamlets. In order to locate your family origin you need to know the town of originof your ancestors. All records in Italy are in the town of origin! Peter