Death certificate

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
pedro66

Death certificate

Post by pedro66 »

Another death certificate with which I need a bit of help translating.

Thanks

Peter

suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: Death certificate

Post by suanj »

Pietro Pacitti of age 75 married at Maddalena Vettese, died in Filignano to hours 4.00 and 5 minutes of day 29 june 1947 in Via Borgo rosso( address) Cerasuolo( hamleth?)
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
pedro66

Post by pedro66 »

excellent, thanks very much
laurafrench

Post by laurafrench »

Hi Pedro,i came across this while looking for my family,Pietro Pacitti and Maddalena Vettese were my great great great grandparents and i have been looking to find my pacitti family for solong,i can only presume since you have death certificate that you are family?I have wedding lincese of there's and a few other small pieces but would love to know more about my family please get back in touch x
pedro66

Post by pedro66 »

Hello, I had forgot I'd posted here. Luckily the message was forwarded.

Don't know if I can help you with a great deal of information about the Pacitti's.
I've never done a family tree but Pietro Pacitti and Maddalena Vettese were my Father's Grandparents (or Great Grandparents, I'll have to ask him)

I did a small bit of digging into the family but my Father's cousin did a lot more, even visiting Cerasaulo, where the family come from.
I've uploaded some old photo's and a couple of documents (including the same marriage licence as you have?) here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/busterthed ... 644712386/

Also there's a Pacitti website that has some interesting information. I don't know the person who set it up but they come from the same place so a fair chance they must be related. You can find it here:

http://www.pacitti.biz/index.html

As I said, I don't know a great deal about the family but if I can help with anything let me know and I can always ask my father who will probably have a better idea.

Peter
laurafrench

Post by laurafrench »

Hi wow,thank-you so much for the picture's i have never seen any before as my family do not have any.Where is it your from? I am from Falkirk,my mother is denise pacitti and her father my grandfather was Allan he sadly passed away last year.But his parent's were Allan and Alexandra and Allan's parent's were Pietro Pacitti and Maddalena Vettese. It is not a marriage license i have i think it is a birth certificate for my Great Grandad Allan. Thank-you so much for letting me see picture's i have looked for a long time for information
pedro66

Post by pedro66 »

Ha Ha it is a small world.

We're not so far apart. My father (Peter) is your Grandfather Alan's cousin and he lives in the next block of flats. He was a regular visitor to Alan before he died and I gave most of the photo's and stuff to him to let Alan see them as he was quite interested.

I'll see my Father and put some names to the photographs. I've no idea who any of them are although the one with the large group of people has my aunt and grandmother.

I'll have a rake about and see if I can find anything else interesting.

Peter
laurafrench

Post by laurafrench »

Yes i remember Peter :-) Yes my grandad loved too learn about his family that is why i was trying too look into it to begin with as i did it with him.

Thank's for letting me see the pic's again amnot sure who they are but it nice too see them. Am sure my grandad would of loved them when he saw them.
pedro66

Post by pedro66 »

Another quite interesting bit of info I found (and was quite funny) concerned an Antonio Pacitti from Camelon, who in 1913 was accused of attempted murder and got off with it when he was declared insane. You can see this stuff here http://www.nas.gov.uk/onlineCatalogue/ if you put Pacitti into the search field.

It also lists loads of court cases involving Pacitti's over the years but mainly civil stuff.
GordonMac

Post by GordonMac »

laurafrench wrote:Hi Pedro,i came across this while looking for my family,Pietro Pacitti and Maddalena Vettese were my great great great grandparents and i have been looking to find my pacitti family for solong,i can only presume since you have death certificate that you are family?I have wedding lincese of there's and a few other small pieces but would love to know more about my family please get back in touch x
Hi Laura

Pietro Pacitti and Maddalena Vettese were the parents of my stepfather, Alfredo "Freddy" Pacitti and they had a chip shop in Bonnybridge in the early 1900's. I have a fair bit of info on the family..feel free to contact me at biffo74@hotmail.com