Zaccagnini - D'Angelo Connection.....

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
peonygirl
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Zaccagnini - D'Angelo Connection.....

Post by peonygirl »

Continuing.....

Death act Crescenzo Morsella – d 1812. One of the hints I got in Ancestry led me to a tree that has the Zaccagnini names. However, no documentation or citations or sources – just names and dates so I am hesitant use this info.
They list the wife of Crescenzo Morsella as Angiola del Censo (b1744 in S.V., d 4 Jan 1793 in SV). They have Crescenzo dates as b 1742 – d 1812). So I looked up the death act in 1812 and found this.

http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... ewsIndex=0

IMG#45 – Rec#68
27 Sep 1812
Sindaco Silvestro de Gregorio, before me appeared Donato Antonio Berardi, 30 yr farmer, and Donatangelo de Fainesca (?) 29 yr farmer, stating that on this day died Crescenzo Morsella, son of the deceased Giambattista [M], and ????; widower of ???
Perhaps there is a hint in this act of the mother of Crescenzo and a confirmation of his wife’s name. It is difficult to read….so thank you if you can see it.
Peonygirl :D
Peonygirl
Always Searching....
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

Neither Crescenzo's mother or wife are identified, except that they are deceased.
It does state that he leaves 6 children.
His age at death was 70.

T.
erudita74
Master
Master

Post by erudita74 »

I think Donatangelo's surname is "di Tomaso"

Erudita
peonygirl
Veteran
Veteran

Post by peonygirl »

Thanks, Tessa. Glad I'm not losing it entirely - I will take it at face value. If he left 6 kids, there has to be a mention of his spouse's name somewhere. The time line jives...
Thanks Erudita - di tomaso makes more sense.
Onward.... Peonygirl
Peonygirl
Always Searching....
erudita74
Master
Master

Post by erudita74 »

You're very welcome. Erudita
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

While looking for other records, I came across this death act for one of Maria Valentina Zaccagnini's siblings in 1816... a sister Nicola Zaccagnini, age 1 year and 2 months.

T.
peonygirl
Veteran
Veteran

Post by peonygirl »

Nice find! Thanks for making the connection. So far, 3 of the 6 children of Crescenzo have a deceased mother listed with no name....the search continues....
I did find another death in 1812 of a Niccolo' Zaccagnini, son of Pelino and Maddalena, who died at 1 year old.
PG :D
Peonygirl
Always Searching....
peonygirl
Veteran
Veteran

Post by peonygirl »

I found the spouse to Crescenzo Morsella. It was in the death act of his child, Camillo Morsella.

Death act for Camillo Morsella, Abbateggio, Pescara Italy

IMG#13 – Rec#9
18 Jun 1848
Sindaco Nicola di Thomasi, before me appeared Antonio de Metto, 30 yr farmer, living in San Valentino (he is somehow related to the deceased but I cannot translate this word), and Giovanni Mancini, 32 yr farmer,(also related somehow – same word), stating that on this day died Camillo Morsella, born in San Valentino, age 70, son of the deceased Crescenzo Morsella, farmer, born and while alive residing in San Valentino, and the deceased Angela di Eugenio, farmer, born and living while alive in San Valentino.

Thanks for any clarification. P
Peonygirl
Always Searching....
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

peonygirl wrote:I found the spouse to Crescenzo Morsella. It was in the death act of his child, Camillo Morsella.

Death act for Camillo Morsella, Abbateggio, Pescara Italy

IMG#13 – Rec#9
18 Jun 1848
Sindaco Nicola di Thomasi, before me appeared Antonio de Metto, 30 yr farmer, living in San Valentino (he is somehow related to the deceased but I cannot translate this word), and Giovanni Mancini, 32 yr farmer,(also related somehow – same word), stating that on this day died Camillo Morsella, born in San Valentino, age 70, son of the deceased Crescenzo Morsella, farmer, born and while alive residing in San Valentino, and the deceased Angela di Eugenio, farmer, born and living while alive in San Valentino.

Thanks for any clarification. P
The word is conoscente = acquaintance

Mother's name clearly reads Angela di Eugenio ...

T.
peonygirl
Veteran
Veteran

Post by peonygirl »

Thanks - I'll add that to my list of words. I'm taking the rest of the day off! PG :D
Peonygirl
Always Searching....