Trying to find out more about my great-grandfather Nick Gentile

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
MAC7
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Trying to find out more about my great-grandfather Nick Gentile

Post by MAC7 »

I can try to make a new post with both photos but I don’t know if it would help.
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

Worth a try.

It still may be necessary to find other "proof."

In my opinion, the photo on the naturalization record is the same man you posted in the formal pose if you zoom in.

Is the Mayfield Rd. address familiar?
Was your GGF a merchant?
What about his signature? Do you have something to compare with it?
His Petition to naturalized in 1935 is on the next image. His address is Henry St., NYC

Look over the naturalization records for other clues.

T.
MAC7
Rookie
Rookie

Post by MAC7 »

Thank you Tessa. The only signature I have is the one on the formal photo and it’s cut off I think. Mayfield Rd. does sound familiar, I’ll look into that. Unfortunately I don’t know what he did all I had was a photo, his name, his name on my grandmother’s birth record and her social security application. There is still my dna match whose great-grandaunt Giovannina Zarbo married Nick Gentile’s (the one married to Angelica) cousin Antonino Gentile. That’s why I really thought he had to be my great-grandfather unless they have another Nick Gentile cousin born around the same time that fathered my grandmother.
MAC7
Rookie
Rookie

Post by MAC7 »

I think they look like the same person but the photo I have is so fuzzy and if the angle was a little different I’d be able to make a more positive id. I am getting more photos sent to me from a family member. I hope I get some good ones. I’m still waiting to hear back from about 8 more dna matches but I doubt they will respond.