Surname: Baruccia

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
hushlush

Re: Surname: Baruccia

Post by hushlush »

Debbie,
I followed the link to the USICS, but I am unsure of what information this website will be able to give me... I am going to request the record, but don't know what record it is...
thanks!
VaDeb
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by VaDeb »

Hi Deena,

The numbers on the manifest that Suanj listed are made when government officials check a manifest. He probably applied for citizenship. Here is a site that will help explain the markings:

http://www.jewishgen.org/infofiles/manifests/occ/

You can request copies of his naturalization from your NARA branch or write USICS at the link I gave you in a prior post.

You will have to write to Italy, to the town the event occured in to get the birth act. I did not see any records available for this town from LDS. If someone can double check, that would be great.

http://en.comuni-italiani.it/054/035/index.html

You have to send your request in Italian. Here is how to do this:

http://www.anzwers.org/free/italiangen/ ... talrecords

or

http://www.circolocalabrese.org/resourc ... /index.asp

Our Italian friends have advised sending a copy of your ID and two international reply coupons with the request.

Debbie
VaDeb
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by VaDeb »

HI Deena,

You were posting as I was also typing.

You fill out the form G 639. Provide all information you know. Request his alien registration card, naturalizaion record. Write you want a copy of everything. YOu might be surprised at what you receive. I usually get a response within 6 weeks, some have reported a several months wait.

I believe you have to have the form notarized and send some proof you are a descendant and entitled to the information. I am not positive this is required. The form reads that the information being requested would be a "privacy" request. I did send the documentation and perhaps that is why I received the records so quickly.

If you need more info just ask.

One important thing - Suanj provided a surname from your town that is very close to the name you posted.

Debbie
hushlush

Post by hushlush »

Debbie,
Thanks much! It's like information overload, but I LOVE IT!!!

I am going to go back and depict all of the Ellis Island records that I have for the Naturalization records. I will fill out the form's and mail'em in...

I went to two library's today, and you could not check out the books. My two local book stores did not carry the books, so I purchased them on amazon.com. So, they are on the way to me.

The name that Suanj provided me with, what exactly do I do with that? Start searching with that spelling and town? <- Sounds like a silly question, but I want to make sure I understand correctly.

Thank you both Debbie and Suanj - I very much appreciate your help!
VaDeb
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by VaDeb »

Hi Deena,

YOu are very welcome. We are here to help others learn as we did and you will learn quite a bit with those books.

As far as the POSSIBLE surname for Mary. I just pointed it out, as your original post was inquiring about that name. If Mary remained in Italy, I doubt you will find internet sources for her. Just make a note of that name and when you get documents from Italy you can see if it is her name.

One possibility (i didn't check for you) is to try and find information on that surname on

www.familysearch.org

Be careful on how you use those records. Many are user submitted and may not be accurate. They can be a guide on where to look for records and if you can verify what was posted, well thats great.

Debbie
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

Hi all, from direct reading of ship's manifest, well it is wrote VANNICOLLI, but i believe that is VANNICELLI right... and I believe it is correct ship's manifest... regards, suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
nursino

Post by nursino »

Hi,

I just became a member today and saw your message when searching my Family's Hometown of Norcia. My Grandfather who was Born in Norcia was named Querino Breccia. I never heard of the name of Baruccia but Breccia is also very rare in that town. If I hear of the name you are looking for I'll let you know.

Saluti da Philadelphia,
John Monzo
BillieDeKid
Master
Master

Post by BillieDeKid »

There are civil registration films for the province of Perugia which is where Norcia is located. The years for birth, death and marriage are limited though. I don't know if it will help but here's the link

http://www.familysearch.org/eng/Library ... umns=*,0,0

Elizabeth
nursino

Post by nursino »

Hi Elizabeth,

They have not filmed in Norcia yet but I'm hoping that since they did start some Towns in the Province of Perugia that they will eventually get to Norcia. One can only hope!! Thanks Again for the info.

Saluti da Philadelphia,
John