Can you help me find my Martinelli's ?

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
User avatar
Essgee
Master
Master
Posts: 777
Joined: 12 Mar 2004, 00:00
Contact:

Re: Can you help me find my Martinelli's ?

Post by Essgee »

mgonzales......

Please clarify for us. When was your ggrandfather murdered? Do you have an approximated date? How old was Mary at the time and when was she born...and where. It would help determine a time period.

Have you checked the newpapers at that time for an article, etc. about his death? Where did Rose and the family live after he died? With relatives or did they live by themselves? Need clues to find them in 1930 census. What church was Aunt Mary baptized in? Does she know where she was born...the hoptital or at home? Does she remember cousins when she was growing up? Who were they? Any idea where he is buried? The cemetery could have more information...or it could lead you to a death certifiate.

You need to ask her all you can think of. You need to ask all around the incident and then maybe you can get to the incident she is reluctant to speak about.

What about children of your uncles? Them may have learned something that migh help as well. Little stories passed down, a reference to the "old country", maybe others related to your grandfather who settled in another part of the country.

let us know what she says......good luck
User avatar
tonib
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 2
Joined: 19 Oct 2007, 00:00

Re: Can you help me find my Martinelli's ?

Post by tonib »

I replied to an old post about the Marincich family...then I found this one.

I am related to both Marincich and Martinelli family and my father has lots of family info.

I believe your grandmother is Jean (Marincich/Martinelli) Genova, and your mother is Helena. Correct?

My great-grandmother was Frances (Marincich/Novak) Masciotra, Jean's sister.

Please reply with personal message if you are interested in more info.
User avatar
mgonzales
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 30
Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 00:00
Location: Albuqerque, New Mexico USA

Re: Can you help me find my Martinelli's ?

Post by mgonzales »

New update...found my mother had the wrong info on my great grandfather....His name is Antonio Martinelli not Joseph, I apologize for this mistake he died before my mother new him so little has been spoken of him due to his history
User avatar
misbris
Master
Master
Posts: 2258
Joined: 14 Jan 2007, 00:00
Location: NJ

Re: Can you help me find my Martinelli's ?

Post by misbris »

Can you clarify? Is any of the information that was presented correct? Are you still looking for info on your ggfather?
User avatar
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 15251
Joined: 20 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Molise region, Italy
Contact:

Re: Can you help me find my Martinelli's ?

Post by suanj »

mgonzales: in Buster Martinelli obit, the parents are Joseph and Rosa martinelli, no Antonio and Rosa Martinelli... what are the right names?
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
User avatar
mgonzales
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 30
Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 00:00
Location: Albuqerque, New Mexico USA

Re: Can you help me find my Martinelli's ?

Post by mgonzales »

OK everyone...I am here again...I have been regrouping due to my recent divorce...The Martinelli family is a big"?" My great grandfather is Joseph, and yes Rose remarried and took the name Brothers...now the siblings should be in this order...I hope...Tony, Joe,Buster, and Mary...They did reside in Pueblo Colo. This has been such a challenge for me...My poor great Aunt is starting to fade and it seems that no one in the family has ever bothered to try to get any such info at all...sounds like a conspiracy or something...But if you can help me I really do appreciate this...it would be something I would love to share with my children when they get older...Thank you all :D
PeterTimber
Master
Master
Posts: 6811
Joined: 16 Dec 2007, 18:57
Location: Yonkers NY

Re: Can you help me find my Martinelli's ?

Post by PeterTimber »

Only because I left my soul on the top of Taos Mountain in New Mexico last year do I write you. What can we do for you? =Peter=
User avatar
mgonzales
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 30
Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 00:00
Location: Albuqerque, New Mexico USA

Re: Can you help me find my Martinelli's ?

Post by mgonzales »

Well Peter I have been trying to figure out where my grandfathers roots came from...for some odd reason they are not any census and the closest to it is a family with a different name? I dont know if he was running from the mafia when he came here or what but I would love to know where in Italy my family came from...
PeterTimber
Master
Master
Posts: 6811
Joined: 16 Dec 2007, 18:57
Location: Yonkers NY

Re: Can you help me find my Martinelli's ?

Post by PeterTimber »

I hardly think he was running from the Mafia but rather entered the USA legally but now you have to cough up with some facts dates or oral family history handed down to you in order to trace your family back to Italy. This willrequire you to be as detailed as possible. Year of death? (if he died after 1963 we can trace thru social security), Did he natursaklzie and become a US citizen? and where? =Peter=
User avatar
mgonzales
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 30
Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 00:00
Location: Albuqerque, New Mexico USA

Re: Can you help me find my Martinelli's ?

Post by mgonzales »

See thats were I am stuck Peter...No one has any info and it is driving me nuts...My mom tried to get info from my great aunt but she has alzheimers and is having a hard time talking and she was the last to know anything...This is not fair :(
PeterTimber
Master
Master
Posts: 6811
Joined: 16 Dec 2007, 18:57
Location: Yonkers NY

Re: Can you help me find my Martinelli's ?

Post by PeterTimber »

Do you think ggrandfather died in Pueblo colorado??? Sometimes your instincts are more reliable than memory. +Peter=
PeterTimber
Master
Master
Posts: 6811
Joined: 16 Dec 2007, 18:57
Location: Yonkers NY

Re: Can you help me find my Martinelli's ?

Post by PeterTimber »

Was Buster's first name Louis A martinelli? Did he die in 1983?. Because I have a Joseph Martinelli buried with him and he died in 1986.e people are buried In Fort Logan national Cemetery, Denver couinty Colorado. =Peter=
User avatar
mgonzales
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 30
Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 00:00
Location: Albuqerque, New Mexico USA

Re: Can you help me find my Martinelli's ?

Post by mgonzales »

Yeah its hard to say where he died...according to what was told to the family..he was going to town to get cheese for dinner in Pueblo...and a car pulled up to the curb by him and two guys grabbed him and drove off...The family was told not to try and find him or they would be killed...and thats where it ends...Here is info on my great uncle buster:

Name of Deceased: Sebastian "Buster" Martinelli
Age at Death: 81
Birth Date: 1 Jan 1925
Death Date: abt 2006
Newspaper Title: Pueblo Chieftain, The
Newspaper Location: Pueblo, CO, Us
Obituary Publication Date: 6 Jun 2006
PeterTimber
Master
Master
Posts: 6811
Joined: 16 Dec 2007, 18:57
Location: Yonkers NY

Re: Can you help me find my Martinelli's ?

Post by PeterTimber »

My condolences. =Peter=
User avatar
mgonzales
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 30
Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 00:00
Location: Albuqerque, New Mexico USA

Re: Can you help me find my Martinelli's ?

Post by mgonzales »

Thanks.. :)
Post Reply