Search found 23 matches
- 10 Nov 2017, 23:39
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Anna Sasso Birth Record
- Replies: 2
- Views: 744
Re: Anna Sasso Birth Record
Thank you!
- 10 Nov 2017, 23:28
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Pasquale Garone and Anna Sasso Marriage Notification
- Replies: 1
- Views: 570
Pasquale Garone and Anna Sasso Marriage Notification
Hello,
Would anyone be able to check my translation for this document and possibly make out the areas I was unable to read?
"The year 1894 at 10AM in the Town Hall ____ Giuseppe Garone mayor and official of the Buonabitacolo goverment have today received the following ...
Would anyone be able to check my translation for this document and possibly make out the areas I was unable to read?
"The year 1894 at 10AM in the Town Hall ____ Giuseppe Garone mayor and official of the Buonabitacolo goverment have today received the following ...
- 10 Nov 2017, 18:32
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Anna Sasso Birth Record
- Replies: 2
- Views: 744
Anna Sasso Birth Record
Hello!
I'm having some trouble translating this and would appreciate some help. This handwriting is killing me!
So far I have:
"The year 1874 on the 17th of February in Sanza at the time of 9AM in from of community official _________ Vincenzo Borrone(?) mayor and civil state official and(?) this ...
I'm having some trouble translating this and would appreciate some help. This handwriting is killing me!
So far I have:
"The year 1874 on the 17th of February in Sanza at the time of 9AM in from of community official _________ Vincenzo Borrone(?) mayor and civil state official and(?) this ...
- 10 Mar 2014, 18:13
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: General Genealogy Question
- Replies: 10
- Views: 3182
Re: General Genealogy Question
Thank you, Suanj.
- 10 Mar 2014, 05:32
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: General Genealogy Question
- Replies: 10
- Views: 3182
Re: General Genealogy Question
Tessa,
Thank you very much for verifying that information.
I suspect and some on these very boards have pointed out that "Buonale" might be a mistranscribed or shortened form of Buonabitcolo in Salerno where Garone is a fairly common surname.
As for the Pasquale who died in 1932, that is an ...
Thank you very much for verifying that information.
I suspect and some on these very boards have pointed out that "Buonale" might be a mistranscribed or shortened form of Buonabitcolo in Salerno where Garone is a fairly common surname.
As for the Pasquale who died in 1932, that is an ...
- 10 Mar 2014, 01:42
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: General Genealogy Question
- Replies: 10
- Views: 3182
Re: General Genealogy Question
Sure! Here's the front. I don't have the back scanned where it refers to a son named Pasquale. As for facts according to the 1910 and 1920 census he was born on or about 1866. He is not living with the family in the 1930 census. His wife, Anna (Lasso or Iasso) Garone was born on or about 1875. They ...
- 10 Mar 2014, 00:16
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: General Genealogy Question
- Replies: 10
- Views: 3182
General Genealogy Question
I recently received a Death Certificate for a man that I believe is my great grandfather, Pasquale Garone. What I know of Pasquale comes primarily from his appearance in the 1910 and 1920 Federal Censuses, all of which exactly match information from my grandfather's death certificate and other ...
- 11 May 2012, 01:29
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Concetta Forgione Gesualdo, Rocca San Felice
- Replies: 16
- Views: 15070
Re: Concetta Forgione Gesualdo, Rocca San Felice
I am also related to the Forgione family. According to my great grandfather's death certificate, his mother's name was Louisa Forgione and he was from Gesualdo. I don't know anything more about her than her name, although my father tells me that the Forgione cousins were around a lot when he was a ...
- 15 Apr 2011, 21:34
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: WWI and WWII Draft Registration Cards
- Replies: 9
- Views: 11062
Re: WWI and WWII Draft Registration Cards
Anthony, I have replied to your message...although five years later. Gotta love the Internet.
- 22 Feb 2007, 15:37
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: WWI and WWII Draft Registration Cards
- Replies: 9
- Views: 11062
Re: WWI and WWII Draft Registration Cards
I have a few questions:
To whom would I write to get a physical copy of this card?
What does the card mean exactly?
And this Rocco Petruzzi is from the same town as my great grandfather, has about the same (or similar) year of birth, and name but a different address than my great grandfather had ...
To whom would I write to get a physical copy of this card?
What does the card mean exactly?
And this Rocco Petruzzi is from the same town as my great grandfather, has about the same (or similar) year of birth, and name but a different address than my great grandfather had ...
- 22 Feb 2007, 01:11
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: WWI and WWII Draft Registration Cards
- Replies: 9
- Views: 11062
Re: WWI and WWII Draft Registration Cards
I think you linked me something else by accident.
- 22 Feb 2007, 00:59
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Kings County Marriage Records
- Replies: 3
- Views: 4022
Re: Kings County Marriage Records
Yeah, I've checked them and cannot find anything. I just wish I had a better idea of what the dates of marriage were. I have about a 9 year possible range here.
- 22 Feb 2007, 00:57
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: WWI and WWII Draft Registration Cards
- Replies: 9
- Views: 11062
Re: WWI and WWII Draft Registration Cards
Well Nicola was born in 1912 so none of those can be him.
However, Rocco was born in either 1890 or 1888. So I think that one might be him.
However, Rocco was born in either 1890 or 1888. So I think that one might be him.
- 22 Feb 2007, 00:43
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: I need help to find family history
- Replies: 10
- Views: 8123
Re: I need help to find family history
You can also look up to see where the local Nation Archives regional office is to you. You can look up the information there for free (although it involves a few steps and using microfilm.)
- 22 Feb 2007, 00:12
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: WWI and WWII Draft Registration Cards
- Replies: 9
- Views: 11062
WWI and WWII Draft Registration Cards
I'm going to depend on the kindness of strangers again and ask if anyone has access to the databases with this information. I am trying to find info on Rocco Petruzzi (WWI era, also listed variably as Petruzzo) and Nicola Garone (WWII era.)
Thanks for any help anyone is able to give on this ...
Thanks for any help anyone is able to give on this ...