I have no specific information. The only thing I know is the last name would be D'Andre.
My husband's great-grandmother, Maddelana, was born in 1882 - so I suspect her sisters would also have been born around the same time. I believe her parents were Giuseppe D'ANDRE and Angela CALAMITA.
Search found 41 matches
- 26 May 2009, 16:52
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: NUNS in LICATA
- Replies: 2
- Views: 3877
- 21 May 2009, 01:52
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: NUNS in LICATA
- Replies: 2
- Views: 3877
NUNS in LICATA
There is a family story that my husband's great-grandmother had 2 sisters who were nuns in Italy. This would have been late 1800's - early 1900's. She (the grandmother) came from Licata Italy and her surname was D'Andrea.
Anyone know how I can check this information?
Anyone know how I can check this information?
- 21 May 2009, 01:46
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Marralli Emigration
- Replies: 0
- Views: 2211
Marralli Emigration
Folks on this board have been very helpful in the past so I'm hoping you can help me again.
I'm working on my husbands Marrali line. I know that his great grandmother, Maddelana, had 2 children before she left Italy - I have found this through written evidence andd information given to me by a ...
I'm working on my husbands Marrali line. I know that his great grandmother, Maddelana, had 2 children before she left Italy - I have found this through written evidence andd information given to me by a ...
- 23 Mar 2008, 18:59
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Surname D'Andre (editted)
- Replies: 19
- Views: 15946
Re: Surname D'Andre (editted)
Never used the site before - but I think I'll check it out.
- 23 Mar 2008, 18:44
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Surname D'Andre (editted)
- Replies: 19
- Views: 15946
Re: Surname D'Andre (editted)
Anyone able to read more of Column 18
Hi Cheryl!
Looks like:
Joining brother in law Rosario Graci at 2205 Orange Ave
Valarie Thank you. I know Maggie and her second husband lived at 1006 Orange Street in Cleveland in 1927. Leaning forwards believing this to be her sisters husband. Didn't make the ...
Hi Cheryl!
Looks like:
Joining brother in law Rosario Graci at 2205 Orange Ave
Valarie Thank you. I know Maggie and her second husband lived at 1006 Orange Street in Cleveland in 1927. Leaning forwards believing this to be her sisters husband. Didn't make the ...
- 23 Mar 2008, 18:29
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Anyway to track down someone still living in 1913?
- Replies: 5
- Views: 4678
Re: Anyway to track down someone still living in 1913?
Guess I could have worded it better. I do have a service center close to me. Thanks.Tamberino wrote:Your nearest family center would have census info from licata that you can view on micro film
By the way, the still living was confusing
- 23 Mar 2008, 18:25
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Birth Records Magdelana Andre (de Andre) - Licata
- Replies: 3
- Views: 3214
Re: Birth Records Magdelana Andre (de Andre) - Licata
Someone found her on a ship manifest as Maddalena D'Andrea.
I plan to use Maddalena on my research as this is the name used when she left Italy.
I guess my next step is to find her record of birth. This may be a challange. I'm going to use the year calculated from the ship manifest - as she ...
I plan to use Maddalena on my research as this is the name used when she left Italy.
I guess my next step is to find her record of birth. This may be a challange. I'm going to use the year calculated from the ship manifest - as she ...
- 23 Mar 2008, 15:17
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Birth Records Vincenzo Marrali - Licata
- Replies: 3
- Views: 4239
Re: Birth Records Vincenzo Marrali - Licata
Thank you - it should help me with both.
- 23 Mar 2008, 15:15
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Anyway to track down someone still living in 1913?
- Replies: 5
- Views: 4678
Re: Anyway to track down someone still living in 1913?
Guess I should have explained better in the post. I'm not looking for people by that name living there today - but in 1913.
I do know the have the directory for recnet and have thought about contacting people with the same last name - but I think that would be quite an undertaking since I don't ...
I do know the have the directory for recnet and have thought about contacting people with the same last name - but I think that would be quite an undertaking since I don't ...
- 23 Mar 2008, 05:11
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Anyway to track down someone still living in 1913?
- Replies: 5
- Views: 4678
Anyway to track down someone still living in 1913?
Would like to know if there were any type of directories that would give me a home address for the following - both in Licata?
Giuseppe D'Andrea
Anna Lauricella
Giuseppe D'Andrea
Anna Lauricella
- 23 Mar 2008, 05:02
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Surname D'Andre (editted)
- Replies: 19
- Views: 15946
Re: Surname Andre
Just sent a private message to Valerie stating that with all the info I have gathered since I post in 2007 that the people shown on the manifest is the people I'm looking for.
A couple things don't make sense. Line 11 - shows Maddalena D'Andrea as married - I thought she was married to Vincenzo ...
A couple things don't make sense. Line 11 - shows Maddalena D'Andrea as married - I thought she was married to Vincenzo ...
- 23 Mar 2008, 03:56
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Birth Records Vincenzo Marrali - Licata
- Replies: 3
- Views: 4239
Birth Records Vincenzo Marrali - Licata
I'm looking for the birth record for Vincenzo Marrali born in Licata May 8, 1881. I have a basic idea of the parents names - but the person who was trying to give it to me (off a death certificate) said it was difficult to read - PLUS - it seems like the people giving information weren't always ...
- 23 Mar 2008, 03:56
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Birth Records Magdelana Andre (de Andre) - Licata
- Replies: 3
- Views: 3214
Birth Records Magdelana Andre (de Andre) - Licata
I'm looking for the birth record for Magdelana Andre (possibly de Andre)born in Licata May 8, 1881. First name had many different spellings in different documents - so this is my best guess. I have a basic idea of the parents names from documents here.
This is the best I have:
Father: Guiseppe ...
This is the best I have:
Father: Guiseppe ...
- 09 May 2007, 12:07
- Forum: Off Topic - We don't only do Italian Genealogy
- Topic: NEED HELP WITH AUSTRIAN (CROATAN) NAMES/PLACES
- Replies: 11
- Views: 10370
Re: NEED HELP WITH AUSTRIAN (CROATAN) NAMES/PLACES
I believe you are correct. I don't see why else they would put both down on the same census.
- 08 May 2007, 17:12
- Forum: Off Topic - We don't only do Italian Genealogy
- Topic: NEED HELP WITH AUSTRIAN (CROATAN) NAMES/PLACES
- Replies: 11
- Views: 10370
Re: NEED HELP WITH AUSTRIAN (CROATAN) NAMES/PLACES
FYI - on census records they show Austria and Croatia as Nationality - if this helps.