Search found 13 matches
- 06 Jan 2009, 03:23
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Birth Certificate Casumaro, Italy?
- Replies: 6
- Views: 7199
Re: Birth Certificate Casumaro, Italy?
I think I read that vital records such as birth, marriage and death records are at churches in Italy. I think you will have to locate the church which houses the records for that area and request them there.
- 06 Jan 2009, 00:31
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Catalano from San Roberto, Reggio Calabria
- Replies: 17
- Views: 16255
Re: Catalano from San Roberto, Reggio Calabria
No, I didn't know that the RR had this sort of record. How do I access the data?
- 05 Jan 2009, 20:54
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Catalano from San Roberto, Reggio Calabria
- Replies: 17
- Views: 16255
Re: Catalano from San Roberto, Reggio Calabria
In 1910 (census) he was in Buffalo, NY and in 1917 (WWI Enlistment) he was in Dunkirk, NY.
I could see if he was on the boat in 1904 and decided to go to Buffalo with someone he met on board (there were some going to Buffalo), but I am not sure why he would again, in 1913, list Hazelton, PA as his ...
I could see if he was on the boat in 1904 and decided to go to Buffalo with someone he met on board (there were some going to Buffalo), but I am not sure why he would again, in 1913, list Hazelton, PA as his ...
- 05 Jan 2009, 17:32
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Barone from Valledolmo,
- Replies: 2
- Views: 5348
Barone from Valledolmo,
My husbands gr grandfather was from Valledolmo, Scilia, Italy. I am in search of his parents/siblings. I have numerous sensus records, however am having great difficulty locating a ship manifest with this family.
He was b. 7 Nov 1888 in Valledolmo and d. 29 Mar 1944 in Dunkirk, NY.
The 1910 and ...
He was b. 7 Nov 1888 in Valledolmo and d. 29 Mar 1944 in Dunkirk, NY.
The 1910 and ...
- 05 Jan 2009, 16:18
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Catalano from San Roberto, Reggio Calabria
- Replies: 17
- Views: 16255
Re: Catalano from San Roberto, Reggio Calabria
Ahh, that Giorgio cannot be him because in 1913 he was married with 2 children and the 1913 manifest states that both brothers are single. I guess that puts me right back to the 1906 manifest and points to incorrect immigration date on the census records.
I have ordered the SS Aplication. Mayby that ...
I have ordered the SS Aplication. Mayby that ...
- 04 Jan 2009, 20:44
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Catalano from San Roberto, Reggio Calabria
- Replies: 17
- Views: 16255
Re: Catalano from San Roberto, Reggio Calabria
Okay, I have located another Manifest that matches dates for Giorgio Catalano more closely, but states that he is going to a cousin Domenico Catalano in Hazelton, PA (Box 66). There are two other Catalanos on board also traveling to Hazelton (Guiseppi and Carmine).
How can I find out which manifest ...
How can I find out which manifest ...
- 04 Jan 2009, 17:57
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Catalano from San Roberto, Reggio Calabria
- Replies: 17
- Views: 16255
Re: Catalano from San Roberto, Reggio Calabria
How would I go about ordering the Social Security Application?
- 04 Jan 2009, 17:25
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Buffalo, NY Marriage Record 1910
- Replies: 1
- Views: 3078
Buffalo, NY Marriage Record 1910
How would I go about finding a marriage record for someone married in buffalo, NY in 1910?
I do not have an exact date. I am only going on a 1910 census that shows the two individuals had been married for 0 years. This would mean that they were either married in 1909 or 1910. I have no doubt that ...
I do not have an exact date. I am only going on a 1910 census that shows the two individuals had been married for 0 years. This would mean that they were either married in 1909 or 1910. I have no doubt that ...
- 04 Jan 2009, 15:54
- Forum: Italian History & Culture
- Topic: Svingi?
- Replies: 27
- Views: 38301
Re: Svingi?
Thank you for the info. Now that I have the spelling down, I have found many recipes, but none of them have anchovys stuffed in the middle. It seems like they are all sweet recipes. Were they made savory too or is anchovy and sugar a common combo?
- 04 Jan 2009, 12:01
- Forum: Italian History & Culture
- Topic: Svingi?
- Replies: 27
- Views: 38301
Svingi?
My husbands grandmother (from Valledolmo, Sicily) always had plates of pastry/rolls that he recalls as svingi (? not sure of the spelling here). They were pastry wrapped around anchovy I think.
He recalls that the children would open them up and run away screaming because of the fish in the center ...
He recalls that the children would open them up and run away screaming because of the fish in the center ...
- 03 Jan 2009, 12:39
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Catalano from San Roberto, Reggio Calabria
- Replies: 17
- Views: 16255
Re: Catalano from San Roberto, Reggio Calabria
Actually, no I am not 100% sure that is him, but it was so close,
I am assuming. His birth date is different on everything I have...1910 census (1888), 1920 census (1887), 1930 census (1887), Dunkirk WWI Reg. (20 Aug 1887), Buffalo WWI Reg. (--1888), and SS death index (20 Aug 1886). The only info ...
I am assuming. His birth date is different on everything I have...1910 census (1888), 1920 census (1887), 1930 census (1887), Dunkirk WWI Reg. (20 Aug 1887), Buffalo WWI Reg. (--1888), and SS death index (20 Aug 1886). The only info ...
- 03 Jan 2009, 02:41
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Catalano from San Roberto, Reggio Calabria
- Replies: 17
- Views: 16255
Re: Catalano from San Roberto, Reggio Calabria
I have US Census records for 1910, 1920, and 1930.
He was in Buffalo in 1910 living with his wife Maria (Bagarozza).
In 1920 and 1930 he was in Dunkirk NY.
1920 Census (10 January 1920):
25 Main St (Rent) Dunkirk, NY, Ward 1, District 117 (page 22)
Age 33 Married
Wife: Mary (age 26)
Children ...
He was in Buffalo in 1910 living with his wife Maria (Bagarozza).
In 1920 and 1930 he was in Dunkirk NY.
1920 Census (10 January 1920):
25 Main St (Rent) Dunkirk, NY, Ward 1, District 117 (page 22)
Age 33 Married
Wife: Mary (age 26)
Children ...
- 02 Jan 2009, 17:36
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Catalano from San Roberto, Reggio Calabria
- Replies: 17
- Views: 16255
Catalano from San Roberto, Reggio Calabria
Looking for parents/siblings of Georgio Catalano b. 20 Aug 1887 in (I believe) San Roberto, Reggio Calabria. His first child was named Joseph, so I assume his father was Giuseppi Catalano.
He arrived in the US on 28 June 1906 and was traveling with Alessio Morino and Carmelo Lagano. They were ...
He arrived in the US on 28 June 1906 and was traveling with Alessio Morino and Carmelo Lagano. They were ...