Search found 11 matches
- 17 Aug 2017, 04:06
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Need Help Translating Letter
- Replies: 2
- Views: 928
Re: Need Help Translating Letter
Thank you - that is very helpful. I had no idea they went back to Italy for a visit. I just recently reconnected with some of my relatives down in Argentina.
- 15 Aug 2017, 03:14
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Need Help Translating Letter
- Replies: 2
- Views: 928
Need Help Translating Letter
My cousin recently found this letter in her possession. It appears it was sent to my great grandparents by their nephew Giuseppe. It is dated March 27, 1964 and it was sent from Bahia Blanca, Argentina to my great grandparents in Struthers, Ohio. I am having trouble with the handwriting. I can only ...
- 24 Apr 2017, 06:19
- Forum: Locations in Italy
- Topic: Porto San Elpidio
- Replies: 5
- Views: 6228
Re: Porto San Elpidio
Hi. My 2nd great grandmother was Giovanna Martellini from Civitanova Marche, the next town over from S'Elpidio. The priest in S'Elpidio allowed me to take photos of the State of the Souls records when I was there last month. I copied some of the Martellini families because I thought she may be ...
- 07 Jul 2015, 04:28
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: need help with back of photo translation
- Replies: 2
- Views: 1400
Re: need help with back of photo translation
Thank you Pippo - really appreciate the help! Definitely makes more sense.
- 06 Jul 2015, 06:12
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: need help with back of photo translation
- Replies: 2
- Views: 1400
need help with back of photo translation
Hi this is a four generation photo of my great grandmother's sister's family near Buenos Aires, Argentina. I think I have the first translation correct but I need help making sense of the bottom portion. Here is what I have so far...
This is our photograph of four generations mother, daughter ...
This is our photograph of four generations mother, daughter ...
- 02 Mar 2015, 19:43
- Forum: Locations in Italy
- Topic: Sant'Elpidio, Marche, Penesi
- Replies: 1
- Views: 2505
Re: Sant'Elpidio, Marche, Penesi
Hi! My Pennesi relatives were from Porto Civitanova - very close to Sant'Elpidio. Actually my family apparently moved from Fermo to Sant'Elpidio to Porto Civitanova in the late 1800s early 1900s. I'm actually not blood related to the Pennesi's but they married into my family. My family - was ...
- 03 Feb 2015, 04:23
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Help Translating Death Record
- Replies: 3
- Views: 1339
Re: Help Translating Death Record
Thank you Tessa - I appreciate it!
- 02 Feb 2015, 05:06
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Help Translating Death Record
- Replies: 3
- Views: 1339
Help Translating Death Record
This is the death record of my 3rd great grandmother. I believe she died in August 1867 but I couldn't make out the exact date. She was married to Raffaele Rizzo - it appears he is still alive at the time of her death. Her parents were Saviero Agostino and Maria Apone and they are deceased? Please ...
- 23 Nov 2014, 23:46
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Help Translating GGrandfather's Military Docs
- Replies: 4
- Views: 1924
Re: Help Translating GGrandfather's Military Docs
Thank you for your help! The timeline makes sense. I found his arrival record in Canada in 1905. He spent 9 years working there and in the US. Then he returned to Italy by 1914 to marry my great grandmother and then he was called up to serve. He returned to the US in 1920 to work. Thanks again! I ...
- 22 Nov 2014, 06:00
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Help Translating GGrandfather's Military Docs
- Replies: 4
- Views: 1924
Re: Help Translating GGrandfather's Military Docs
Second page.
- 22 Nov 2014, 05:45
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Help Translating GGrandfather's Military Docs
- Replies: 4
- Views: 1924
Help Translating GGrandfather's Military Docs
Hi I just received my Great-Grandfather's WWI military record from the State Archives in Ascoli Piceno. I sent an email only a week ago and already received a response. My dad said my ggrandfather was a cook for his military unit. I would really appreciate any information you can tell me about these ...