Search found 20 matches
- 27 May 2017, 15:05
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Two wives
- Replies: 1
- Views: 939
Two wives
I requested my maternal grandfather’s birth certificate hoping to clear up the question of who his mother was. It seems my great grandfather was married twice. I had been corresponding with my cousin who did some searching in Tunis – our grandparents had emigrated there from Sicily. He made a copy ...
- 15 May 2017, 13:47
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Legible Translation Received
- Replies: 0
- Views: 1029
Legible Translation Received
Good morning. I just thought I would share that along with the copy of the original birth record for my grandfather that I just received, there was included a clearly typed up version including just the pertinent details.
There were two attachments to the email. The first one that I opened was ...
There were two attachments to the email. The first one that I opened was ...
- 14 May 2017, 10:46
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Disappointed
- Replies: 6
- Views: 2905
Re: Disappointed
That is very encouraging news! I think I will try to gather as much of the paperwork as I can myself first and then try to find a lawyer. Thanks very much!
- 12 May 2017, 20:40
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Disappointed
- Replies: 6
- Views: 2905
Re: Disappointed
Mler, thank you for that information. So, I have been researching the answer, and it seems it is not so simple. He did naturalize before my father was born. The naturalization date is January 8th, 1919. He married my grandmother in June of 1915 in Pennsylvania, and then they got married in Italy in ...
- 05 May 2017, 22:31
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Grandparents married in US and Italy?
- Replies: 4
- Views: 1943
Re: Grandparents married in US and Italy?
Marty,
I am attaching a screen shot of Silvestro's birth record with the note on the side and the PA license application with the date of marriage noted at the bottom.
Nancy
I am attaching a screen shot of Silvestro's birth record with the note on the side and the PA license application with the date of marriage noted at the bottom.
Nancy
- 05 May 2017, 08:59
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Grandparents married in US and Italy?
- Replies: 4
- Views: 1943
Grandparents married in US and Italy?
When I obtained my grandfather's birth record from Italy, I was surprised to see a notation on the side indicating the date of his marriage to my grandmother including the number of that record. How convenient. Today, I was looking at another document, and all of a sudden, something didn't seem ...
- 04 May 2017, 19:49
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Disappointed
- Replies: 6
- Views: 2905
Re: Disappointed
I don't know. After re-reading the copy of the paperwork, it does not have to do with naturalization. Would that make a difference?
- 04 May 2017, 13:39
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Disappointed
- Replies: 6
- Views: 2905
Disappointed
I am so disappointed to have figured out that I do not qualify for Italian citizenship even though three grand-parents were born in Italy. My maternal grand-parents emmigrated to Tunisia and became French citizens before my mom was born. My paternal grand-father became a US citizen before my dad was ...
- 05 Jan 2017, 09:26
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Requesting additional records
- Replies: 2
- Views: 1702
Requesting additional records
Hello,
Back in the summer, I had asked for help in requesting a birth certificate from the town of Nocera Umbra. I contacted them using the info provided here and was successful in obtaining my grand-father's birth certificate. (The email address would not work, but snail mail worked fine ...
Back in the summer, I had asked for help in requesting a birth certificate from the town of Nocera Umbra. I contacted them using the info provided here and was successful in obtaining my grand-father's birth certificate. (The email address would not work, but snail mail worked fine ...
- 26 Jul 2016, 07:08
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Bontempi, Silvestro Birth Certificate
- Replies: 4
- Views: 1867
Re: Bontempi, Silvestro Birth Certificate
Thank you mmogno!
I am very surprised that they traveled back to Italy to get married. My grandmother was born in the US, and my grandfather had already emigrated. So "atto N.o 60" is the certificate number for the marriage license?
Nancy
I am very surprised that they traveled back to Italy to get married. My grandmother was born in the US, and my grandfather had already emigrated. So "atto N.o 60" is the certificate number for the marriage license?
Nancy
- 25 Jul 2016, 20:11
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Bontempi, Silvestro Birth Certificate
- Replies: 4
- Views: 1867
Bontempi, Silvestro Birth Certificate
Hello,
I am so excited to have received my grandfather’s (Silvestro) birth certificate today, and I would love some help translating it. I knew his birth date, 4/23/1889, and my great-grandfather’s name, Angelo. I can see now that my great-grandmother’s name was Luisa Bellucci.
I see a date of what ...
I am so excited to have received my grandfather’s (Silvestro) birth certificate today, and I would love some help translating it. I knew his birth date, 4/23/1889, and my great-grandfather’s name, Angelo. I can see now that my great-grandmother’s name was Luisa Bellucci.
I see a date of what ...
- 25 Jul 2016, 19:02
- Forum: Off Topic - We don't only do Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Changing Your Name
- Replies: 4
- Views: 6039
Changing Your Name
Hello,
I am very excited to just have received my grandfather's birth certificate which contains some revealing information not the least of which is that a letter was dropped from our last name when he emmigrated to the US. I realize this is pretty common, but it bugs me. Has anyone every bothered ...
I am very excited to just have received my grandfather's birth certificate which contains some revealing information not the least of which is that a letter was dropped from our last name when he emmigrated to the US. I realize this is pretty common, but it bugs me. Has anyone every bothered ...
- 08 Jul 2016, 17:36
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: PA birth certificate error
- Replies: 2
- Views: 1431
Re: PA birth certificate error
Yes, I see. I have found issues with two more family members since I posted this. Hopefully, I will get it all sorted out in time.
N.
N.
- 07 Jul 2016, 17:02
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: PA birth certificate error
- Replies: 2
- Views: 1431
PA birth certificate error
Hello,
I was just printing out several of my document finds when I noticed a major error on my great aunt's birth certificate. I searched for hers because it is available in the state archives. She was born in 1907, but her sister, my grandmother, was born in 1899. I was unable to locate her in the ...
I was just printing out several of my document finds when I noticed a major error on my great aunt's birth certificate. I searched for hers because it is available in the state archives. She was born in 1907, but her sister, my grandmother, was born in 1899. I was unable to locate her in the ...
- 07 Jul 2016, 16:46
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Bontempi
- Replies: 13
- Views: 5306
Re: Bontempi
Thanks again. On my way to the post office ...
N.
N.