SPADAFORA, Grumento Nova, Potenza, Basilicata, Italy

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Breezing23
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 9
Joined: 11 Oct 2016, 02:15

Re: SPADAFORA, Grumento Nova, Potenza, Basilicata, Italy

Post by Breezing23 »

https://ibb.co/mjAitU
Here’s another form and it does state that Pasquale is his father on this one I think? But I do know that he isn’t but I’d love more info on what all of this says
AngelaGrace56
Master
Master
Posts: 8078
Joined: 16 Oct 2012, 10:54

Re: SPADAFORA, Grumento Nova, Potenza, Basilicata, Italy

Post by AngelaGrace56 »

Hi
Breezing23 wrote: 31 Aug 2018, 11:44 https://ibb.co/de5YtU
Here it is! My brother finally got a hold of it, it’s fully in Italian and have no idea what it says! I’m prettt excited to have it though :D
This first document, as I understand it, and in my own words, is basically just certifying that Mr Spadafora, son of deceased Pasquale and Rosolia Bafunno, who was born in Grumento Nova, and lived in this town of Grumento Nova, was of good moral character and civil conduct, and was politically sound.

It was written up by the Mayor of Grumento Nova, as requested, on 5 December 1952 for immigration purposes.



Breezing23 wrote: 31 Aug 2018, 11:50 https://ibb.co/mjAitU
Here’s another form and it does state that Pasquale is his father on this one I think? But I do know that he isn’t but I’d love more info on what all of this says
This second document is a document known as the "Situazione di Famiglia" (Family Situation), probably more commonly known as the "Stato di Famiglia" (State of the Family"), but in Grumento Nova, and towns locally, this was what was issued at the time. It was issued on 5 December 1952 in respect of Isidoro Spadafora. It says: He is the Head of the Family, he is the son of the deceased Pasquale (Spadafora) and of Rosolia Bafunno. He was celibe – never before married. His occupation was Artista (an artist of some sort). It gives his place and date of birth as Grumento Nova, 2 December 1922.

I think you should write to Grumento Nova and request his birth certificate.

Edit to Add:

(Just a couple of thoughts:

Have you, or, even better your dad, ever considered having a DNA test? Take a read of the following: https://www.italiangenealogy.com/forum/ ... logy/43682

Do you know any elderly people that were born in Grumento Nova? It's amazing how much knowledge they have, what they remember, and how much they love talking about the past. Somebody just might remember something about your grandfather and his "situation".)

Angela :)
venerex
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 2
Joined: 26 Sep 2020, 07:56

Re: SPADAFORA, Grumento Nova, Potenza, Basilicata, Italy

Post by venerex »

Mi chiamo Spadafora vito sono nato a Grumento nova nel 1970 i miei nonni erano Spadafora vito e Fruguglietti Amalia ricordo che mia madre citasse Pascquale Spadafora ed Isidoro da piccolo sentiro meglio da lei
venerex
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 2
Joined: 26 Sep 2020, 07:56

Re: SPADAFORA, Grumento Nova, Potenza, Basilicata, Italy

Post by venerex »

Pascquale Spadafora era lo zio di mio Nonno Vito figlio di Antonio Spadafora
Post Reply