Search found 30 matches

by manckj
13 Mar 2012, 03:26
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Sava and Lecce search
Replies: 4
Views: 1404

Re: Sava and Lecce search

Livio,
I visited your website. Very well done. Much work.
Thank you for your help.
Jack
by manckj
13 Mar 2012, 03:16
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Looking for Nardella relatives in Sava, Italy.
Replies: 10
Views: 3306

Re: Looking for Nardella relatives in Sava, Italy.

Giuseppi Nardella died in 1968 at home in Sava. The family villa was on Via Roma and was split up and sold after his death. Part of the property was given to Gigia??, a family servant. Also, Clorinda Buccoliero Nardella, Giuseppi's wife had a brother, Leonardo, who died in 1952 in Sava.
by manckj
22 Feb 2012, 23:43
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Looking for Nardella relatives in Sava, Italy.
Replies: 10
Views: 3306

Re: Looking for Nardella relatives in Sava, Italy.

Hi,
He did have a son, Ambrosio, who drowned in the Wynooski River at 12-14 years of age.
I have a picture of his gravestone with his picture imbosed.
Typical Italian gravestone trait.
Thanks,
Jack
by manckj
22 Feb 2012, 21:38
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Looking for Nardella relatives in Sava, Italy.
Replies: 10
Views: 3306

Re: Looking for Nardella relatives in Sava, Italy.

Hi,
Thanks so much for your help.
Yes, Giuseppi's mother was Leonarda Tripaldi Nardella.
His brother was Cosimo Nardella who ended up moving to R.I.from VT.
As I review family info, Lecce turns up alot. My Grandfather, Giovani
Mancini was from Sava also. But, there seems to be Lecce mentioned from ...
by manckj
22 Feb 2012, 16:07
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Looking for Nardella relatives in Sava, Italy.
Replies: 10
Views: 3306

Re: Looking for Nardella relatives in Sava, Italy.

Hi,
I have some census records (1920,1930). I also have some marriage records (USA) and death records, all USA.
I found out that GGF Giuseppi Nardella's family lived in 'the big house" or mansion on Via Roma in Sava in the 1800's and early 1900's.
Property was gift from Garibaldi. Giuseppi's father ...
by manckj
18 Feb 2012, 02:59
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Looking for Nardella relatives in Sava, Italy.
Replies: 10
Views: 3306

Re: Looking for Nardella relatives in Sava, Italy.

Hi,
Thanks, it' a start.
Let's see what we come up with.
Thanks,
Jack Mancini
by manckj
17 Feb 2012, 17:31
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Looking for Nardella relatives in Sava, Italy.
Replies: 10
Views: 3306

Looking for Nardella relatives in Sava, Italy.

I am looking for my great grandfather's family in Sava. His name was Giuseppi Nardella and was married to Clorinda (Lorinda Buccoliero)Nardella and lived in Sava. They came to the US in 1912-14 through Canada and resided in Chittendon, Vermont.
They had three children, Mary Nardella Mancini (my ...
by manckj
09 Feb 2012, 00:35
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Sava and Lecce search
Replies: 4
Views: 1404

Re: Sava and Lecce search

Thank you, but, I cannot get into this website.
I believe I have family in Sava, Italy. Surname Nardella, Buccoliero.
I am planning on visiting Sava and Lecce, but, would first like to try and make contact.
Any ideas.
Jack Mancini
RI, USA
by manckj
07 Feb 2012, 20:43
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Sava and Lecce search
Replies: 4
Views: 1404

Sava and Lecce search

How do I search Sava for info on GM and Lecce for info on GF?
My grandparents left family behind and I want to find out if any family exists
there now.
Jack
manckj
by manckj
02 Feb 2012, 04:13
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: Do I qualify for Italian citizenship?
Replies: 29
Views: 8043

Re: Do I qualify for Italian citizenship?

Hello Carmine,
Are you still out there.
Jack Mancini
by manckj
25 Mar 2011, 20:50
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: Do I qualify for Italian citizenship?
Replies: 29
Views: 8043

Re: Do I qualify for Italian citizenship?

What's very interesting about the Nardellas is that they were a very well to due family from Sava with a large villa surrounded by much land.
My GM would tell us how her grandfather was given this very large
property right after the unification of Italy because her GF was very close to Garibaldi ...
by manckj
25 Mar 2011, 20:41
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: Do I qualify for Italian citizenship?
Replies: 29
Views: 8043

Re: Do I qualify for Italian citizenship?

Hi,
Those are the names of the Mele family. I meet them all when I was a small boy in Worcester in the 1950's.
John Mele, 92??, is the son of Fiore and Madelena.
He is still alive and living in Hartford, CT.
The timeframe of 1920-25 is very difficult to track.
My GF and GM were in the process of ...
by manckj
25 Mar 2011, 20:03
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: Do I qualify for Italian citizenship?
Replies: 29
Views: 8043

Re: Do I qualify for Italian citizenship?

Hi,
I discovered that my GF and GM most likely lived with my GM's family, the Nardella family in Chittenden, VT. Giuseppe, Clorinda, sister Anna and brother Ambrosio.
The Chase Street address may have been the Nardella home.
The Nardella Family had very close friends, the Mele Family whom I believe ...
by manckj
25 Mar 2011, 17:23
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: Do I qualify for Italian citizenship?
Replies: 29
Views: 8043

Re: Do I qualify for Italian citizenship?

Hi,
Did My GF not participate in census taking because he was not a citizen of the US?
I'm stuck, also.
Does SS # lead us anywhere?
Thanks,
Jack
by manckj
25 Mar 2011, 16:20
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: Do I qualify for Italian citizenship?
Replies: 29
Views: 8043

Re: Do I qualify for Italian citizenship?

Thanks for your help on this.
The draft cards for Giovanni (John) are correct. He went to Vermont where he married my GM. They then moved to Worcester, MA. Lived on Carroll Ave.
The death certificate for my Dad is correct. E. Mario Mancini married to Evelyn, two sons, I am John (called Jack), two ...