Thankyou Laura - that's entirely plausible. I know that the registrars and census enumerators in Liverpool struggled with spelling Italian surnames, so Solari is a possibility
I think I might see if I can order birth certificates for some of Catarina's other children & see how the maiden name is ...
Search found 8 matches
- 24 Nov 2007, 12:38
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Piolari surname
- Replies: 9
- Views: 8822
- 23 Nov 2007, 23:36
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Piolari surname
- Replies: 9
- Views: 8822
Re: Piolari surname
Hi Neil,
There is a Catarina Guatelli aged 17 married to Francesco aged 26 yrs living in Circus Street, which was in the Little Italy part of Liverpool, on the 1871 census, and they were recorded as being musicians. Does this sound like your Catarina?
Mark
many thanks for looking Mark - I ...
There is a Catarina Guatelli aged 17 married to Francesco aged 26 yrs living in Circus Street, which was in the Little Italy part of Liverpool, on the 1871 census, and they were recorded as being musicians. Does this sound like your Catarina?
Mark
many thanks for looking Mark - I ...
- 23 Nov 2007, 23:28
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Piolari surname
- Replies: 9
- Views: 8822
Re: Piolari surname
Thanks Mark. Here is the chronology:
c1845 Catarina Piolari born, probably in Genoa area. Probably marries husband Bertolomew prior to migration in the 1860s
Between 1862 to 1867 - Bertolomew Guatelli & Catarina emigrate from Genoa area to Liverpool, together with Bertolmew's brother Francis
Feb ...
c1845 Catarina Piolari born, probably in Genoa area. Probably marries husband Bertolomew prior to migration in the 1860s
Between 1862 to 1867 - Bertolomew Guatelli & Catarina emigrate from Genoa area to Liverpool, together with Bertolmew's brother Francis
Feb ...
- 23 Nov 2007, 18:29
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Piolari surname
- Replies: 9
- Views: 8822
Piolari surname
I was wondering if anyone had heard of an Italian surname "Piolari" or similar.
I have someone in my family tree called Catarina Polari, born in 'Italy' in c.1853 who married a Bertolmew Guatelli, but can find nothing at all about the surname. I suspect that the registrar has mis-spelt the name ...
I have someone in my family tree called Catarina Polari, born in 'Italy' in c.1853 who married a Bertolmew Guatelli, but can find nothing at all about the surname. I suspect that the registrar has mis-spelt the name ...
- 23 Nov 2007, 18:22
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: QUADRELLI - Italy to Lancashire, England
- Replies: 16
- Views: 12377
Re: QUADRELLI - Italy to Lancashire, England
Thanks Kev - have picked up and replied
- 21 Jul 2007, 18:56
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Guatelli family (sometimes Quatelli/ Guatella/ Gautella)
- Replies: 2
- Views: 4903
Re: Guatelli family (sometimes Quatelli/ Guatella/ Gautella)
Thanks a lot - will have a look there
Neil
Neil
- 14 Jul 2007, 16:57
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Guatelli family (sometimes Quatelli/ Guatella/ Gautella)
- Replies: 2
- Views: 4903
Guatelli family (sometimes Quatelli/ Guatella/ Gautella)
Hi - I was wondering if anyone would be kind enough to help me with this?
I'm looking for any details on Francesco Guatelli (sometimes Quatelli or Guatella) who I believe was born in (what is today) Italy around the 1820s, and was a muscian. He was my 3xgreatgrandfather.
Francesco's son, also ...
I'm looking for any details on Francesco Guatelli (sometimes Quatelli or Guatella) who I believe was born in (what is today) Italy around the 1820s, and was a muscian. He was my 3xgreatgrandfather.
Francesco's son, also ...
- 14 Jul 2007, 12:00
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: QUADRELLI - Italy to Lancashire, England
- Replies: 16
- Views: 12377
Re: QUADRELLI - Italy to Lancashire, England
Hi Kevin
I don't know if you've got anywhere since your original post, but I may be able to narrow down your search.
The Quatelli's named above are in my family tree. Most documents refer to the family as Guatelli rather than Quatelli (so may have been a mis-spelling or variation). The name later ...
I don't know if you've got anywhere since your original post, but I may be able to narrow down your search.
The Quatelli's named above are in my family tree. Most documents refer to the family as Guatelli rather than Quatelli (so may have been a mis-spelling or variation). The name later ...