Search found 84 matches

by meticulousmobile
02 Apr 2017, 18:24
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Bottino/Bottini Family Questions
Replies: 2
Views: 1563

Re: Bottino/Bottini Family Questions

Just jumping back into my research, and got "delivery failure" on this email address. Is anyone still following this thread somehow?
by meticulousmobile
14 Dec 2009, 21:22
Topic: Families fro Grumento Nova
Replies: 8
Views: 7467

Re: Families fro Grumento Nova

I have some Bove info from Grumento Nova, let me know some names and dates, or whatever you have and/or need.
by meticulousmobile
05 Dec 2008, 01:17
Topic: Pricolo
Replies: 19
Views: 21033

Re: Pricolo

Pictures are tough, but awesome when you do find them! I'll look through my info and see what I have recorded. If you haven't heard from me, pm or email me to remind me, I get forgetful sometimes! :roll:
by meticulousmobile
02 Dec 2008, 04:01
Topic: Liuzzi Family
Views: 7611

Re: Liuzzi Family

Was Francesco married in italy? If so, do you know the wifes name? What year was he born?
by meticulousmobile
29 Nov 2008, 22:29
Topic: Liuzzi Family
Views: 7611

Re: Liuzzi Family

You are probably my cousin, I have some records from Montemurro from when I ordered film, tell me some more details about him and I'll see if I have anything. My great-grandfathers' name was Domenico Liuzzi, husband of Angela Romanella, and he may have been a relative of yours. Let me know ------ Matt
by meticulousmobile
18 Nov 2008, 23:06
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: 3 unknown occupations...
Replies: 13
Views: 11210

Re: 3 unknown occupations...

Sounds right to me, e and a get confusing depending on who wrote it, as well as g/s and r/n. You guys are awesome, thanks again!
by meticulousmobile
17 Nov 2008, 21:52

Ok so Fabbricatore is same as muratore, and cardalano would be another way to say scardassiere? BTW I forgot another one, from 1835, couldnt find anything close, I read it as "agrimangone", anything? Was I way off? The handwriting is tough, sorry.
by meticulousmobile
15 Nov 2008, 22:30

Definitely didnt say fabbricante, but 2 b's seems to be the trend. I was thinking something about rope since "cordata" means "roped party", and great find on scardassiere, would that be someone who works the wool into a useable product?
by meticulousmobile
15 Nov 2008, 17:27

3 unknown occupations...

I came across these "professions" while researching potential extended family from Grumento Nova, Potenza, they should all be from early 1800s, maybe a bit earlier, just to give a time and place reference. All were hard to read, but I think I got pretty close, just can't find a definition ...
by meticulousmobile
11 Nov 2008, 22:48
Topic: Occupation - 1820s Puglia
Replies: 16
Views: 15884

Re: Occupation - 1820s Puglia

Are the birth records you found of relatives? I only ask because one of my ancestors kept popping up as a witness to births and deaths of non-relatives in the same era as yours, and his occupation was hard to read, as old records can be, and it ended up being "sacerdote", which means pries...
by meticulousmobile
07 Nov 2008, 14:52
Topic: Another translation...
Replies: 7
Views: 8372

Re: Another translation...

Yeah, I guess the full text helps, what a difference haha! Sorry for the bunk translation. "Leopard spot" is a funny way to describe small pockets of a surname distribution though, huh?
by meticulousmobile
06 Nov 2008, 19:05
Topic: Another translation...
Replies: 7
Views: 8372

Re: Another translation...

I believe it's referring to a disease, but the phrase you highlighted roughly translates to "Leopard's mark at the North". I think Pilotti was the name of the disease, and in Northern Italy it was called "Leopard spots", or something similar. The end of the text tells what other ...
by meticulousmobile
14 Oct 2008, 15:46
Forum: Locations in Italy
Topic: Cecchere?
Replies: 14
Views: 15400

Re: Cecchere?

Only posting this because of similarity in spelling and pronunciation, although it is also northern, but what about Cichero, in San Colombano, Genoa? Part of my family is from there, and I have yet to find any way to review records from there. It sounds similar because my grandmother used to remembe...
by meticulousmobile
11 Aug 2008, 18:21
Topic: Looking for alternate sources, Bottini
Replies: 6
Views: 5820

Re: Looking for alternate sources, Bottini

Excellent, thanks Peter, so if I send an inquiry letter to the Archives with name, dob, parents names, they will check the records and see if his birth record is there? Sorry, I haven't had to write to Italy yet in my other research. I didn't see anything other than a map listed on FHL search for ce...
by meticulousmobile
10 Aug 2008, 22:54
Topic: Looking for alternate sources, Bottini
Replies: 6
Views: 5820

Re: Looking for alternate sources, Bottini

Not sure what church it was, I have the date and text from your previous post, VJ, but haven't been into Boston to see the actual record. I guess I could order film for that. I know his son, John Angelo, was married at Sacred Heart in 1911, but have been told that St Leonards holds all the records f...