renatopapa,
I also found 1887 Verbicaro birth records that show Francesco Spingola was married to Maria Papa. I had a great grandmother Angelina Spingola.
Jim
Search found 34 matches
- 11 Jan 2009, 02:53
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Picerno & Germano ... Russo, Gamba
- Replies: 12
- Views: 13791
- 11 Jan 2009, 02:41
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Picerno & Germano ... Russo, Gamba
- Replies: 12
- Views: 13791
Re: Picerno & Germano ... Russo, Gamba
renatopapa,
You english is way better than my Italian! I have have ready MANY mircofilms of the Verbicaro records. I found marriages between Papa and an Addiego (two different marriages); a Lamoglie; and a Germano.
Rachella Papa married Alberico Germano, who is my great-grandmother's brother.
Jim
You english is way better than my Italian! I have have ready MANY mircofilms of the Verbicaro records. I found marriages between Papa and an Addiego (two different marriages); a Lamoglie; and a Germano.
Rachella Papa married Alberico Germano, who is my great-grandmother's brother.
Jim
- 04 Apr 2008, 19:26
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: What if: came to US, went back, came back to US?
- Replies: 4
- Views: 4642
Re: What if: came to US, went back, came back to US?
Thanks. I have a membership and have not found passport info for him - yet. Unless there is something special to do searching other than the Immigration collection.
- 04 Apr 2008, 18:39
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: What if: came to US, went back, came back to US?
- Replies: 4
- Views: 4642
What if: came to US, went back, came back to US?
Hi,
I have a mystery... Francesco Picerno and Maria Giuseppa Germano had 3 children in Verbicaro before 1901. Then Francesco Picerno came to the US in 1901 on the Karamania. I know he was in S.F. and have info to confirm this is the right Francesco. His wife and children were behind in Verbicaro ...
I have a mystery... Francesco Picerno and Maria Giuseppa Germano had 3 children in Verbicaro before 1901. Then Francesco Picerno came to the US in 1901 on the Karamania. I know he was in S.F. and have info to confirm this is the right Francesco. His wife and children were behind in Verbicaro ...
- 20 Mar 2008, 15:51
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: When is it 1 name or 2 names?
- Replies: 6
- Views: 4494
Re: When is it 1 name or 2 names?
Thanks for the the ideas/comments. So challenging!
- 19 Mar 2008, 02:01
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Where to put film data
- Replies: 14
- Views: 11520
Re: Where to put film data
Yep. I really don't want to manually enter the 380 names I have... I'll have to see if there is an easy import form Excel. I'm sure I can figure something out.
- 18 Mar 2008, 23:45
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Where to put film data
- Replies: 14
- Views: 11520
Re: Where to put film data
Pretty nice job James. The films from Verbicaro are terribly hard to read or I'd entertain logging more names. I got about 380 people from the films from 1866-1887. Until I go back further, I can'd figure out how the families are related.
- 18 Mar 2008, 22:33
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: When is it 1 name or 2 names?
- Replies: 6
- Views: 4494
When is it 1 name or 2 names?
Hi,
I need an explanation. I see names like the following
Giuseppantonio and Giuseppe Antonio
Thre's many other examples. Is there some general practce about writing names combined or separate? Is making it one a lazt shorthand?
Jim
I need an explanation. I see names like the following
Giuseppantonio and Giuseppe Antonio
Thre's many other examples. Is there some general practce about writing names combined or separate? Is making it one a lazt shorthand?
Jim
- 17 Mar 2008, 19:42
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Where to put film data
- Replies: 14
- Views: 11520
Re: Where to put film data
Thanks. I have a good spreadsheet alread and it nicely can be saved as a web page. I'll have to decide where to post it.
- 17 Mar 2008, 19:04
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Where to put film data
- Replies: 14
- Views: 11520
Where to put film data
I've been combing through microfilms from Verbicaro (not done yet) and have a list so far of about 340 people, many of whom, once I can go back another generation or two, are likely relatives. In doing so, the total number of different surnames I have is large because when searching for a surname ...
- 17 Mar 2008, 18:52
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Looking for Basso from Rivarolo
- Replies: 19
- Views: 21440
Re: Looking for Basso from Rivarolo
Hi,
I have a living relative, 107 years old, who's name is Matilda Basso. She married my grandfather's brother. They did not have any children. She was born about 1900. I just found this out and have not researched her as yet.
Jim.
I have a living relative, 107 years old, who's name is Matilda Basso. She married my grandfather's brother. They did not have any children. She was born about 1900. I just found this out and have not researched her as yet.
Jim.
- 17 Mar 2008, 18:48
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Surname D'Andre (editted)
- Replies: 19
- Views: 15968
Re: Surname Andre
Hi,
If you find out that D'Andrea is the surname in your family, there are quite a few people with that surname in Verbicaro FHS films. I have been researching different surnames, but I'm finding Spingola fathers married to a D'Andrea.
Jim
If you find out that D'Andrea is the surname in your family, there are quite a few people with that surname in Verbicaro FHS films. I have been researching different surnames, but I'm finding Spingola fathers married to a D'Andrea.
Jim
- 10 Mar 2008, 04:01
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Suggestions on different films for Genova
- Replies: 3
- Views: 5833
Re: Suggestions on different films for Genova
Thanks. If you spot a Picerno or Russo on the films, I'd love to know which film and record number.
Jim
Jim
- 04 Mar 2008, 05:06
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Suggestions on different films for Genova
- Replies: 3
- Views: 5833
Suggestions on different films for Genova
I need to look at birth records for Genova for around 1894 and for 1850 periods. The FHC Library lists these:
1 Biography
2 Church records
3 Civil registration
4 Civil registration - Inventories, registers, catalogs
5 Directories
6 Genealogy
7 History
8 Nobility
Any one come accross this ...
1 Biography
2 Church records
3 Civil registration
4 Civil registration - Inventories, registers, catalogs
5 Directories
6 Genealogy
7 History
8 Nobility
Any one come accross this ...
- 04 Mar 2008, 03:03
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Antonio Russo and Vincenzino Cunti (Conti) information
- Replies: 21
- Views: 31829
Re: Antonio Russo and Vincenzino Cunti (Conti) information
A stretch, but... I ahve to ask. Do you have any record of a Russo in your tree married to a man with the surnam Picerno? They'd be my great-great-grandparents. I've not yet learned their first names. 
Jim
Rocklin, CA
Jim
Rocklin, CA