Search found 66 matches

by phil100a
Yesterday, 19:37
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: Need help/advice for grandchildren
Replies: 0
Views: 30

Need help/advice for grandchildren

Hello everyone, I received jure sanguinis citizenship via the San Francisco consulate in 2010. At the same time I helped my daughter to get her Italian citizenship through me (in San Francisco). My daughter has since moved to Southern California and now has two happy children; she is interesting in ...
by phil100a
01 Oct 2020, 23:14
Topic: Passport Renewal questions - need help
Replies: 5
Views: 1239

Re: Passport Renewal questions - need help

Thanks for this suggestion. For anyone else trying to renew a passport at the San Francisco Consulate - or questions about passports - the correct email to send requests is:

passaporti.sanfrancisco@esteri.it
by phil100a
01 Oct 2020, 11:01

Re: Passport Renewal questions - need help

you said: "You have to be registered as AIRE (Italian registered outide the country) in the town of residence." OK, I live in in San Francisco. Are you saying that I have to register as AIRE, living in SF? I already vote in the Italian elections; they send me voting cards; they know where ...
by phil100a
29 Sep 2020, 11:26

Passport Renewal questions - need help

Hi, Hope all are well. My Italian passport is due for renewal. I obtained citizenship via jure sanguinis in 2010 and I am in the jurisdiction of the San Francisco Consulate. I just went to the Consulate website to discover that passports are no longer renewed, but one has to apply for a new passport...
by phil100a
17 May 2020, 20:42
Topic: Jure sangunis for grandson?
Replies: 6
Views: 1319

Re: Jure sangunis for grandson?

Thanks. This is all very helpful. My daughter is very busy in a graduate medical program, so I'm hoping to make this move along because she may move to the Southeastern US in a year, where she would be subject to the Miami Consulate rules which appear far more restrictive and constrained than the Sa...
by phil100a
15 May 2020, 01:09

Re: Jure sangunis for grandson?

Thanks for your reply. Here is the instruction that recommends registering for the AIRE system https://conssanfrancisco.esteri.it/consolato_sanfrancisco/en/i_servizi/per_i_cittadini/anagrafe/#REQ_DOCS The instruction, above, suggested the the entire process can be performed online if one registers w...
by phil100a
07 May 2020, 21:30

Jure sangunis for grandson?

I obtained jure sanguinis citizenship in 2010, from the San Francisco Consulate. My adult daughter also obtained her citizenship from SF Consulate (through me) at that time. My daughter recently gave birth to a son. Is it possible for my grandson to achieve jure sangunis citizenship through me and/o...
by phil100a
07 May 2020, 21:24
Topic: Jure sangiuinis - second cousin - maternal path
Views: 1998

Re: Jure sangiuinis - second cousin - maternal path

So, IF my cousin's great-grandmother had been over 21 at the time of naturalization would my cousin qualify,*in spite of* her great grandmother not being married pro-Cable Act? I ask because I'm not exactly sure of when her 21st birthday was. She was 9 when immgrating with her mother, in 1909; her f...
by phil100a
08 Apr 2020, 05:13

Re: Jure sangiuinis - second cousin - maternal path

Thanks, Italian translator for your information. Not sure if this would help, but here is my cousin's timeline (on his mother's side) 1) Great-great-grandfather immigrates to USA in 1907. Wife and children stay behind for two years, 2) Great-great-grandmother follows in 1909, with three children - a...
by phil100a
06 Apr 2020, 22:12

Jure sangiuinis - second cousin - maternal path

Hello everyone, Roughly 10 years ago I achieved jure sanguinis Italian citizenship via the Italian Consulate in San Francisco. Following that I helped my niece gain citizenship through the LA Consulate; she was able to use my records at the San Francisco consulate, saving her an enormous amount of t...
by phil100a
16 Oct 2013, 23:22
Topic: How does long-time Italian immigrant get Italian passport?
Replies: 1
Views: 1193

How does long-time Italian immigrant get Italian passport?

Hi, I have a good friend who was born in Italy; she came to America in the early 50's as a young girl. To the best of my knowledge never went through the process of naturalizing here in America as an American citizen. She still has a green card! Now, she is interested in finding out how to procure a...
by phil100a
15 May 2012, 05:13
Topic: Helping my niece gain jure sanguinis citizenship
Replies: 3
Views: 1961

Helping my niece gain jure sanguinis citizenship

Hi, everyone... I was approved last year, in San Francisco. My niece want to follow me - she has all her docs, and will be applying via the LA Consulate. She will only need her docs, because all the other stuff down the line to my GF was approved in San Francisco. My niece' direct line is GGF-GF-Mot...
by phil100a
09 May 2012, 09:57
Topic: Italian consulate
Views: 2584

Re: Italian consulate

Here is where you can make a search for Naturalization records - this is the Genealogy section of the USCIS. If anyone of your relatives went through the Naturalization process in America, they will have a record of it and supply you with a letter and copy of the certificate. That will suffice for y...
by phil100a
25 Apr 2012, 20:07
Topic: REPOST: About LA form
Replies: 4
Views: 1967

Re: REPOST: About LA form

btw, JJ313, we do share my GF as a common ancestor; it's his GGF. Thanks again!