Linda
by LindaAnn
07 Feb 2010, 20:54
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: translation if possible
Replies: 3
Views: 3313

Re: translation if possible

I haven't been able to make a clearer copy. What does cajetani conj. mean? I'm assuming I have the godparents listed here also. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Linda
by LindaAnn
07 Feb 2010, 20:14
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: trying to read surname
Replies: 8
Views: 4151

Re: trying to read surname

Thanks to both of you! It may be the Giacopini- it is a church record from Pescantina but I can't make out the handwriting very well. Many more names to try and figure out. Birth and baptism of my great great grandfather.

THanks.
by LindaAnn
07 Feb 2010, 19:29
Topic: trying to read surname
Replies: 8
Views: 4151

trying to read surname

I am trying to figure out a name (among other things). The record is from Pescatina- Last name looks like Givespini- any idea if that is a possibility?

Thanks.

Linda
by LindaAnn
06 Feb 2010, 19:16
Topic: translation if possible
Views: 3313

translation if possible

This is what I received in the mail on my grandfather. Can anyone translate any of it? If not.. what would be the order of the names listed? Thanks. If nothing is attached... I apologize.

Linda
by LindaAnn
06 Feb 2010, 18:57
Topic: Help with info received
Replies: 2
Views: 2426

Help with info received

Having trouble scanning so I will just ask this ? for now. I have something from the marriage registry for my great grandparents. It lists him - Facciotti, Angelo Luigi then where he was born and how old he was. Then it lists the wife- Facciotti, Regina Santa and the same info. Does this mean she ha...
by LindaAnn
21 Sep 2009, 20:08
Topic: Torre/Parente family
Replies: 5
Views: 2999

Re: Torre/Parente family

Thanks. Sending my first letters this week.
by LindaAnn
21 Sep 2009, 13:34
Topic: Torre/Parente family
Replies: 5
Views: 2999

Torre/Parente family

My greatgrandfather, Giovanni Torre was born 6/24/1877. His wife was Caterina Parente also from Bellosguardo born around 1880. I believe that they were married in Bellosguardo and then came to US in 1904. They did travel back and forth and one of their children was born over there. I believe Caterin...
by LindaAnn
17 Sep 2009, 13:52
Topic: Novelli Family Information
Replies: 7
Views: 5904

Re: Novelli Family Information

Laura,

Thank you so much! This is a big help. I have great news.... by contacting a granddaughter of Cesare (thru his 2nd wife) I have heard from some cousins in Italy. I now have Cesare's siblings names and his parents names! Can't wait to get back on the computer.

Thanks for all your help!
by LindaAnn
15 Sep 2009, 18:17

Okay... family was from Gallese. Now that I know the names of my greatgrandfather's parents (but not their birthdates) can I still write for info? Thanks.
by LindaAnn
13 Sep 2009, 17:21
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: Bellosguardo
Views: 4270

Re: Bellosguardo

Michael, I am just starting to look for family. 6 of my 8 great grandparents are from Italy. My ggf- Giovanni Torre, born 6/24/1877 was from Bellosguardo. His wife, Caterina Parente was also from there. (Assuming my info is correct). According to my grandfather, Mike Torre, his mother went back ther...
by LindaAnn
09 Sep 2009, 23:00

Thank you so much Laura. I was taking notes and digging abit when your email came in. I really appreciate your help. I've got everyone in the family calling to see what I'm learning. I really appreciate the help that everyone is giving me. I am anxious to get my hands on the books recommended. Linda
by LindaAnn
08 Sep 2009, 18:53

Novelli Family Information

My great grandfather was Cesare Novelli. He was born 6/14/1887 in Gallese (I think). I found record of his going thru Ellis Island 4/17/1909. His first wife died when my grandfather Ed was a young boy. We know info on the 2nd wife but not the first. He lived in the Pittsburgh PA area (probably Carne...
by LindaAnn
08 Sep 2009, 01:32
Topic: how to start
Views: 3164

Re: how to start

Thank you so much! I've been reading other posts and just wandering around the internet seeing what is available. I'm pretty much working on learning about my greatgrandparents family on my dad's side right now.
Thanks again. Looking to learn whatever I can.