Search found 18 matches

by drrainaldi
03 May 2010, 00:16
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Finding Italian Military Records
Replies: 5
Views: 3532

Re: Finding Italian Military Records

Thanks again. The letter is written, address is corrected, stamped, and ready to go out tomorrow morning. I'll keep my fingers crossed that it gets a response. Have a good day! -Leslie
by drrainaldi
02 May 2010, 23:29

Re: Finding Italian Military Records

Thank you so much. I will send out a letter today. -Leslie
by drrainaldi
02 May 2010, 23:09

Finding Italian Military Records

Hello. I could use a little more help if there is anyone willing to assist me. You've all been wonderful with help in the past and I really appreciate all the information you've given me. I'm searching for information on my Grandfather, Luigi Venanzio Rainaldi, DOB 3 May 1882. He immigrated to the U...
by drrainaldi
22 Mar 2010, 17:59
Topic: Surname "di Lanza"; possible Pescocostanza connect
Replies: 9
Views: 5121

Re: Surname "di Lanza"; possible Pescocostanza con

Oh no. I had the wrong record. Here is Dominic's and, unfortunately, there are no added notes. Oh my. I'll have to start again and see if I can find her birth record. Sorry for the confusion. -Leslie
by drrainaldi
22 Mar 2010, 17:12

I tried using the attach feature and it just would take the document. It's a jpg microfishe. I kept getting a note across the top of the page that says the attachment is too big. I'm going to try to resize it. Could I email it to you?
by drrainaldi
22 Mar 2010, 02:56

I rechecked Dominic's birth record and found the note of his marriage. It says that he married Maria Pasqua Donatelli 19 Nov 1879. The note begins with the name, Dominico Ranallo (not sure why this name is at the top of the note; on the birth record he is clearly Dominico Buccigrossi, and his father...
by drrainaldi
22 Mar 2010, 01:28

Laura, Thank you so much. I had all of the census data from Pgh from 1910 on, but didn't have the one from Mahoning County. Also, I don't know how you found all of these passages so easily; I've been looking for a year! I do use the Family Resource Ctr and have all of the Pescocostanza data that exi...
by drrainaldi
21 Mar 2010, 00:26
Topic: Surname: Rainaldi from Pescocostanza
Replies: 6
Views: 5500

Re: Surname: Rainaldi from Pescocostanza

Here is the manifest of his brother, Alessandro, who he was meeting in Pittsburg. Alsesandro was going to an uncle, Angelo Rainaldi. Perhaps the town records might have either of these 2 men listed. http://www.ellisisland.org/search/shipManifest.asp?MID=06833906680063950336&FNM=A&LNM=RAINAL...
by drrainaldi
20 Mar 2010, 22:28

Surname "di Lanza"; possible Pescocostanza connect

Records I just received from the Diocese of Pittsburgh gave me answers and created confusion. Hoping someone can help My paternal grandmother (Martha Buccigrossi, DOB abt 1889, believed to be born in Pescocostanza, believed immigrated to US in 1890) was married in PA in 1908. Church records of Marth...
by drrainaldi
20 Mar 2010, 22:07

Thanks. I've finally found his parent's names through the Diocese of Pittsburgh.
by drrainaldi
20 Mar 2010, 21:06
Topic: scalese
Replies: 10
Views: 7623

Re: scalese

hi there I am looking for my great grandfather´s birth location in Italy. His name was Gaetano Scalese (born between 1873 and 1875), and his parents´ names were Salvatore Scalese and Filomena Cuccurullo. He moved to Argentina. This is the only info I have. Is there any way to find any info, or an...
by drrainaldi
28 Jan 2010, 06:23

You say you have US records "through his death". Would that include his Social Security Death Index? Using his SS # you can request his Social Security Application (I think it is SS-5). That will have his parents' names. http://www.iabsi.com/gen/public/ins_foia_petitions.htm#SSA T. Thanks...
by drrainaldi
25 Jan 2010, 16:51
Topic: Buccigrossi Surname !!
Replies: 10
Views: 8099

Re: Buccigrossi Surname !!

Here is a manifest for sibling Maria Sept. 1927 - SS Conte Biancamano sailing from Naples Maria Buccigrossi, age 68, place of birth Ateleta http://i938.photobucket.com/albums/ad224/Tessa78_album/buccigrossimariamanifest1921-1-1.jpg T. How do you know that this is a sibling of this Dominic? Thanks, ...