Thank you, @PippoM.
by jpetrelli
02 Jan 2024, 14:59
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: Translation Help
Replies: 6
Views: 349

Re: Translation Help

This section seems the most important for my research. Can anyone help ensure I am interpretting the relationships correctly? Ho citato Gusmano Giuseppa fu Antonino, Liborio e Tomasina Gusmano fu Antonino Cascio Marco fu Stefano qual marito autorizzante quest'ultima; Franceco, Maria Grazia e Antonin...
by jpetrelli
01 Jan 2024, 22:20

From what I can tell, the first document is a disputed will. Below is what I determined the translation as. Does anyone see any differences? The year nineteen hundred and two is November in Corleone. At the request of Mr. Gusmano Salvator, Antonino, domiciled and resident in Corleone, was admitted t...
by jpetrelli
01 Jan 2024, 21:22

Did not realize there was an issue with the upload.
I edited the original message for the first document, but couldn't get the second document to upload, so included it here.
by jpetrelli
01 Jan 2024, 20:37

Translation Help

Found a few old family documents and hoping this great community could help with translations. First Document I am not clear what type of document the first document is. It is mostly typed so should be easy for some to read. There appears to be good details about the family included. I'm also curiou...
by jpetrelli
11 Jan 2015, 23:11
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Small List of Gaeta Records to Share
Replies: 8
Views: 10224

Re: Small List of Gaeta Records to Share

Sorry. Unfortunately, my Camelio connections are mostly a mystery as well. Furthest connection is to 4GGP, Pasquale Camelio and Loreta Valeta (estimated births ~1785.)

Camelio seems a relatively common surname from the area too.
by jpetrelli
29 Nov 2014, 20:15
Topic: Corleone Church Record Translation - Cusimano
Views: 1784

Re: Corleone Church Record Translation - Cusimano

Erudita,

Thank you so much for your attention and effort on my behalf!

Joe
by jpetrelli
29 Nov 2014, 19:04
Topic: Corleone Church Record Translation - Cusimano
Views: 1784

Corleone Church Record Translation - Cusimano

I was hoping the forum could help me interpret and translate a few Corleone Church records. I have three records for assistance. 1. Antonio Cusimano Death Record 2. Antonio Cusimano and Lucia Salerno Marriage Record 3. Francisca Maria Cusimano Birth Record I am struggling with both reading as well a...
by jpetrelli
19 Oct 2013, 22:09
Topic: Palermo Cathedral (Cattedrale di Palermo)
Views: 2051

Re: Palermo Cathedral (Cattedrale di Palermo)

I don't see baptism records covering the year I am looking for, 1890. Am I overlooking something?
by jpetrelli
19 Oct 2013, 02:03

Can you tell me the mothers whole name and where did Andrea (1890) settle in the US and his wifes name? I have extensive research on my 2GGM and her family that I can share. While her father (my 3GGF), was a foundling, I was able to document and trace her mother's line back to 1750 (6GGF). The fath...
by jpetrelli
17 Oct 2013, 16:42

Marty, Thank you for your response and keen memory! The only Cattedrale di Palermo I know of is cathedral church of the Archdiocese of Palermo in Palermo Yes, that is the church I believe might have records I am seeking. Do you know how I might access that churches information? I recently received d...
by jpetrelli
17 Oct 2013, 04:51

Palermo Cathedral (Cattedrale di Palermo)

I was hoping the community could provide some direction or suggestions for finding baptism records for the Palermo Cathedral (Cattedrale di Palermo). I have indication that this is where my GGF was baptized. Does anyone know if these records correspond with any of FamilySearch's online church record...
by jpetrelli
14 May 2012, 16:48
Topic: Palermo Birth Record Problem - Salvatore Crisenza Romano
Replies: 7
Views: 3065

Re: Palermo Birth Record Problem - Salvatore Crisenza Romano

I received another response from the Palermo Archive. I assume the instructions are accurate, but was curious about the request for a photocopy of my passport and if that is information that is reasonable to require I share. Also, I will look further into it myself, but I am unfamiliar with "co...
by jpetrelli
03 May 2012, 17:35

Thanks Laura. Good to hear from you again!

I will keep you posted.
by jpetrelli
03 May 2012, 16:08

I receive the following response today from the Archivio di Palermo: In riscontro alla richiesta di cui all’oggetto si comunica che questo Archivio di Stato conserva atti di stato civile di Palermo e dei comuni delle sua provincia esclusivamente dal 1820 al 1865 Tutti gli atti precedenti al 1820 pos...