Search found 137 matches

by MaddalenaNYC
17 Mar 2024, 23:07
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Rosasco Family. Heads up!
Replies: 7
Views: 193

Re: Rosasco Family. Heads up!

You got it. That’s the Angelo Rosasco in question. Upon information and belief, I believe my distant cousin, Deidre, had found information concerning her great grandfather, Angelo, from family trees posted on Ancestry. I do not believe that she has any other documents except for Angelo’s marriage to...
by MaddalenaNYC
17 Mar 2024, 22:19

I can’t as I am an idiot in these things. I’ll see if my son can help me.

Be back soon.
Thank you, as always, for your help.
by MaddalenaNYC
17 Mar 2024, 00:49

Hi Mogno. Thank you for chiming in. The Angelo Rosasco we have shows that he was born in Italy in 1866. We have this from his marriage record in Manhattan 1888, and his death record, Brooklyn, 1948. And from the manifest which shows him coming to NYC in 1887. All under the surname of Rosasco. His de...
by MaddalenaNYC
16 Mar 2024, 23:06

Rosasco Family. Heads up!

I’m a Gardella whose ancestors were from Neirone. I’m set. I have my lineage. I am now attempting to help, whom it appears to be a distant relative on my Gardella line. She is also a Rosasco. The Gardellas and the Rosascos did intermarry in the old country, also the Schiappacasses. Calling all and a...
by MaddalenaNYC
07 Mar 2024, 22:44
Topic: Searching for Angelo & Pauline Gardella Rosasco
Replies: 25
Views: 625

Re: Searching for Angelo & Pauline Gardella Rosasco

Hi Mongo. The Gardellas did not often marry anyone outside of Neirone but my great grandmother, who married a Gardella from Neirone was, herself, born in Roccatagliata. Could Paolina Gardella been born there? I also see and remember a village/town named Rosasco very close to Neirone. As with the ori...
by MaddalenaNYC
07 Mar 2024, 20:38

Wait. I think the parents’ names of Charles and Catherine appear on Paulina Gardella Rosasco’s death certificate, Brooklyn, 1935. In any event, again, I have found errors on US documents with my own branch of the family. I don’t think the US was as diligent with recording life events as the Italians...
by MaddalenaNYC
07 Mar 2024, 20:33

Those names, Charles and Catherine were on Paolina’s NYC marriage certificate of 1888 to Angelo Rosasco. I have found many errors in the US documents. Mainly, I’m certain as many Italians could not read or write back then. As such, they trusted others to complete the documents themselves. I’m going ...
by MaddalenaNYC
07 Mar 2024, 19:19

Do you think this could be it? Deidre had Paolina’s parents as Charles and Catherine….
Thank you for always be so helpful to we yanks.,,.
by MaddalenaNYC
07 Mar 2024, 19:09

Thank you, MMogno! You’re the amazing one. I’m thinking that Paolina was back in Neirone possibly owing to a death in the family. My Italian is not great. Could there be a death act for her father circa 1900 in Neirone? Also, my distant cousin, Deirdre, the original poster, is searching for Paolina’...
by MaddalenaNYC
07 Mar 2024, 15:03

I talk a lot. The Angelo Rosasco family, at one point, moved to Brooklyn. If you go to the Brooklyn Public Library website, you can, for free, search the old Brooklyn newspapers. A branch of my father’s family settled in Brooklyn. I’ve found quite a bit in those old newspapers. I hope that you will ...
by MaddalenaNYC
07 Mar 2024, 07:23

I double checked the NYC Municipal Archives for another earlier born Silvia Rosasco birth or death records but could not find same. The Municipal Archives database is notorious for being incomplete. Another explanation for two Silvia’s is that siblings were sometimes given the same first name but di...
by MaddalenaNYC
07 Mar 2024, 07:10

P.S. my thought is that Paolina travelled back to Italy for an event, most probably a death in the family.
by MaddalenaNYC
07 Mar 2024, 07:08

You’re very welcome. I do not have a family tree on Ancestry but my second cousin twice removed does and my branch is listed there. It can be found by looking for Teresa Dina Lagomarsino. Patrick McFawn maintains it. I have found a Paulina Gardella in the Ellis Island database. You can join the Elli...