Search found 13583 matches

by suanj
7 minutes ago
Forum: Off Topic - We don't only do Italian Genealogy
Topic: Help with Immigration Record (Austria)
Replies: 3
Views: 167

Re: Help with Immigration Record (Austria)

Hi, I found a immigration record, probable by name and age.. but this person arrived on 1895 Mikolaj Zawiski (NICOLAJ really) New York Passenger Arrival Lists (Ellis Island) Name Mikolaj Zawiski Event Type Immigration Event Date 05 Nov 1895 Event Place Ellis Island, New York City, New York, United S...
by suanj
25 minutes ago
Forum: Off Topic - We don't only do Italian Genealogy
Topic: Looking for Eastern European village
Replies: 13
Views: 308

Re: Looking for Eastern European village

I searched and I found one seemed probable, for the name soundex, but the Birth place is no the same… First Name : Makinn Last Name : Hozij Nationality : Austria, Polish Last Place of Residence : Sisagora, Austria Date of Arrival : December 5th, 1909 Age at Arrival : 25y Gender : Male Marital Status...
by suanj
Today, 11:27
Forum: Locations in Italy
Topic: LERCARA FRIDDI, Palermo
Replies: 1
Views: 141

Re: LERCARA FRIDDI, Palermo

Thanks Marcello!
suanj
by suanj
Today, 11:25
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: Can I Get My Italian Citizenship
Replies: 1
Views: 59

Re: Can I Get My Italian Citizenship

I believe no. They don't was anymore italian citizens when you was born.
Best regards,
suanj
by suanj
Today, 09:55
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: RE: MATERNAL ANCESTRY OF DEAN MARTIN
Replies: 16
Views: 347

Re: RE: MATERNAL ANCESTRY OF DEAN MARTIN

I don't believe affordable...
by suanj
Today, 09:55

On ancestry.com a genealogic tree on line, public, owner puccidog: Maria Giuseppa Miraglia (aka Mary J Barr, Jessie Merrill) 1862– birth NOV 1862 • Pomarico, Matera, Basilicata, Italy death unknown Domenico Barro (Dominick Barr) 1857–1933 birth 19 FEB 1857 • Monasterolo del Castello, Bergamo, Lombar...
by suanj
Today, 08:24

a pattern seemed to be an immigrant sending for a bride from his hometown. but that would mean finding dominico's town of origin first. a naturalization record would also help if he were naturalized. oh yes, he was naturalized! Domnick or Domnich Bar Ohio, County Naturalization Records Name Domnick...
by suanj
Yesterday, 18:36

Maria Giuseppina on 1900 census stated that she went in USA on 1893 same year of marriage… Domenico was already in USA…. I searched abt Miraglia and I found a Maria Giuseppa Miraglia, but immigrated on 1895 and married.. and cannot be… better to search the birthplace of other Miraglias and Barras in...
by suanj
Yesterday, 16:21

well the Angela maiden name is BARRA... surely! here the marriage of her parents: Dominic Barra mentioned in the record of Dominic Barra and Maria Jo Mirallis Name Dominic Barra Event Type Marriage Event Date 13 Aug 1893 Event Place Jefferson, Ohio, United States Spouse's Name Maria Jo Mirallis http...
by suanj
Yesterday, 16:01

Here the Birth of Antonio Barr born on 1th aug 1896 https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1:33S7-9RYW-SQ4L?i=142&cc=1932106 the mother name is spelled Jessie Merrill.. so both the surnames of couple was anglicized.. her ful name was maria Giuseppa or Maria Giuseppina Miraglia… I search the more ...
by suanj
Yesterday, 15:09

Donna, in genealogical research, more credit is given to documents closer to the immigration period. That is, if they immigrated in 1887 the nearest census is 1900. Because there was still a strong memory of emigration. The age on the censuses has a very relative importance, because the genealogist ...
by suanj
Yesterday, 13:27

the 1900 census: Dorincion Barr United States Census, 1900 Name Dorincion Barr Event Type Census Event Year 1900 Event Place New Cumberland town, Hancock, West Virginia, United States Gender Male Age 43 Marital Status Married Race White Race W Relationship to Head of Household Head Relationship to H...
by suanj
Yesterday, 12:05

The declaration of intentions of Domenico Bar.. Domnick or Domnich Bar Ohio, County Naturalization Records Name Domnick or Domnich Bar Event Type Naturalization Event Date 1894 Event Place Jefferson, Ohio, United States Event Place Jefferson Age 35 Birth Year (Estimated) 1859 Birthplace Italy https:...
by suanj
Yesterday, 11:46

Hi here the marriage of Gaetano Crocetti and Angelina Barr, born in Fernwood, Jefferson County, OHIO Angelina Barr mentioned in the record of Gaetano Crocetti and Angelina Barr Name Gaetano Crocetti Event Type Marriage Event Date 25 Oct 1914 Event Place Jefferson, Ohio, United States Age 22 Birth Ye...
by suanj
Yesterday, 10:01
Forum: Locations in Italy
Topic: SanPaolo Brosila?
Replies: 9
Views: 136

Re: SanPaolo Brosila?

a bit of light: Nicola Volpe went in Brasil with his parents on 23/Feb/1896 on Raggio ship, Landing in Santos port of Sao Paulo, Brasil here the ship's manifest.. the age http://www.inci.org.br/acervodigital/upload/livros/pdfs/L053_024.pdf cannot be a coincidence I believe he is your ancestor and do...