Search found 13795 matches

by suanj
01 Dec 2019, 19:11
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Requesting help finding my GGF’s birth certificate
Replies: 1
Views: 98

Re: Requesting help finding my GGF’s birth certificate

Hi, it could be possible that the his birthyear was wrong? Here the marriage record, seeming born around 1878: ommaso Corvetti mentioned in the record of Tommaso Corvetti and Immacolata Giordano Name Tommaso Corvetti Event Type Marriage Event Date 16 Sep 1915 Event Place Manhattan, New York, New Yor...
by suanj
01 Dec 2019, 12:26
Topic: Where can I find Records for Sorrento on the Somma and Grapetro families?
Replies: 5
Views: 332

Re: Where can I find Records for Sorrento on the Somma and Grapetro families?

You can enable the email notifications by your control panel!
suanj
by suanj
28 Nov 2019, 08:21
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: SARDINIA -PEOPLE SEARCH
Replies: 6
Views: 4647

Re: SARDINIA -PEOPLE SEARCH

by directory.. phone book on line
by suanj
24 Nov 2019, 12:15
Topic: Looking for Salvatore Pennisi
Views: 215

Re: Looking for Salvatore Pennisi

In the Processetti folder, Church marriages, of San pietro Church in Riposto, on 14 nov 1910 Salvatore Pennisi ed Luisa Leonardi ( on the civil marriage her name is Eloisa daughter of Filippo and late Veneranda Auditore) pag 1 https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1:3QSQ-G9MJ-89WV-8?i=282&wc=MQR...
by suanj
24 Nov 2019, 11:51
Topic: Looking for Salvatore Pennisi
Views: 215

Re: Looking for Salvatore Pennisi

Salvatore Pennisi married Luisa Lombardi in Sicily. Salvatore Pennisi came to the USA unmarried between 1902-1905 Salvatore Pennisi came one time on a ship named, Canopic, Canopike, or Canopici Salvatore PENNISI single, 23 old, mariner born and residing in Riposto son of late Sebastiano and of Conc...
by suanj
22 Nov 2019, 15:43
Forum: Off Topic - We don't only do Italian Genealogy
Topic: Help finding vital records - New York to ???
Replies: 2
Views: 222

Re: Help finding vital records - New York to ???

Hi, I found a Obadiah Cunningham household, 7 family members in Goshen, Orange, New York Nome: Obadiah Cunningham Residenza nel 1820 (città, contea, stato): Goshen, Orange , New York Data di enumerazione: August 7, 1820 Persone di pelle bianca in stato di libertà - Uomini - Minori di 10 anni: 2 Pers...
by suanj
22 Nov 2019, 10:31
Topic: Looking for Place of Birth for ANTONIO CREA & MARIA CARMELA CREA
Replies: 1
Views: 75

Re: Looking for Place of Birth for ANTONIO CREA & MARIA CARMELA CREA

Antonino CREA was born in BELLANTONE, Reggio Calabria, IT on 24 May 1903, son of Pasquale, 24 old, farmer, and Maria Concetta MAZZONE ( daughter of Francesco). Birth record pag 1 http://dl.antenati.san.beniculturali.it/v/Archivio+di+Stato+di+Reggio+Calabria/Stato+civile+italiano/Bellantone/Nati/190...
by suanj
22 Nov 2019, 10:12
Forum: Locations in Italy
Topic: In what comune in Naples is/was this street located?
Replies: 2
Views: 192

Re: In what comune in Naples is/was this street located?

Largo delle Pigne was in Naples, curretly, the name is Cavour Place= Piazza Cavour: Largo delle Pigne, Naples, 1799 http://napolineiparticolari.altervista.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/piZap_1547037909931.jpg Piazza Cavour Naples, 1900s http://napolineiparticolari.altervista.org/wp-content/uploads/...
by suanj
05 Nov 2019, 17:53
Topic: Help Finding Birth Parents of Italian Child
Replies: 12
Views: 487

Re: Help Finding Birth Parents of Italian Child

No, because years ago I spoke with a lady from northern Italy, unfortunately now deceased, for a search. Speaking of my research, the lady told me that her grandfather was also a foundling, and was abandoned by a woman who did not want to be named. He was born in 1871. Both the foundling, and his ch...
by suanj
05 Nov 2019, 13:34

No one have access. Needs to pass 100 years,tobe the foundilng,to make a request to judge, the judge must to ppove, and then the old foundling can read....
So to say that you never saw one, they are secrets.... But they exist....
by suanj
04 Nov 2019, 16:45

Some year ago, a news from italian tv.. a old woman, more that 100 years of age, wanted to know the her mom name. She was a foundling. I know that really the Birth record in the civivil record is the second step, almost in the past time, I don't know currently, and the first step, was a complete rep...
by suanj
04 Nov 2019, 16:34

Hi, The informant was usually a relative or friend or neighbor of biological mother. Sometimes the informant was the biological mother herself, who claimed to have "found" the child behind her door. Regarding thephrase, you could find: Mrs. X, aged xx, daughter of yy, wife of zz, asks that the child...
by suanj
04 Nov 2019, 08:35
Topic: 1889 Birth, Giovannina Cataldo, Montefalcione, Avellino
Views: 491

Re: 1889 Birth, Giovannina Cataldo, Montefalcione, Avellino

I cannot find her Birth in Montefalcione…
I wanted to help, because every topic deserves an answer, even if this is a few months ago, I really wanted to help, but in Montefalcione I can't find a Giovannina or Giovanna with those parents.
suanj
by suanj
04 Nov 2019, 08:13

Seeming that the Birth place of Giovannina is Montefalcione, but born on 1887 abt:
Nome
Giovannina Cataldo
Altro
Carmine Cataldo
Nascita
Mantefakione, Avellino circa 1887
Partenza
Naples, Italy
Arrivo
Boston, Massachusetts, USA 30/03/1908

suanj
by suanj
04 Nov 2019, 08:03

Michelina died Young in Boston… Michelina Cataldo Massachusetts Deaths Name Michelina Cataldo Event Type Death Event Date Event Place Boston, Massachusetts Residence Place Boston, Massachusetts Address 25 Morton St Gender Female Age 20 Marital Status Single Occupation Domestic Birthplace Italy Birth...