Search found 207 matches

by TerraLavoro
16 May 2018, 19:50
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: Profession of a 2nd GGF
Replies: 4
Views: 177

Re: Profession of a 2nd GGF

Suanj, thank you for your reply. I note well your spelling (with 2 c) of faccendiere, but in the records I have seen, it is always spelled with only 1 c, perhaps using “napoletano” spelling? Anyway, I have no reason to suspect this ancestor of any underhanded professional acitivity, but some definit...
by TerraLavoro
14 May 2018, 16:15
Forum: Off Topic - We don't only do Italian Genealogy
Topic: Rome Restaurants
Replies: 13
Views: 497

Re: Rome Restaurants

Thanks Pippo, it looks amazing! Have you had a chance to see it for yourself yet?
by TerraLavoro
29 Apr 2018, 02:55
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: Profession of a 2nd GGF
Replies: 4
Views: 177

Profession of a 2nd GGF

One of my 2x GGFs was born in Naples (Chiaia) in 1832, then moved with his parents to Ischia as a small child. In his marriage record (1859 in Forio), his profession is "facendiere". In the records of birth of his children, the profession is either "commerciante", "negoziante", or "possidente", depe...
by TerraLavoro
20 Apr 2018, 15:21

Thanks....hopefully soon.
by TerraLavoro
19 Apr 2018, 15:50

Thanks again, do you know if the San Giovanni station on line C is now open.....I mean allowing transfers from line A to line C? The new station looks beautiful!
by TerraLavoro
18 Apr 2018, 16:54

Pippo, thanks very much, will let you know, will be in the summer. What about "Mazzo"...others have recommended....have you been?
by TerraLavoro
18 Apr 2018, 03:48

Thank you PippoM....Centocelle is fine for me, so I look forward to your list. I agree that when the restaurant is all tourists, they usually disappoint.
by TerraLavoro
13 Apr 2018, 16:02

Rome Restaurants

As a frequent visitor, I have a few favorites that I return to, but I wonder if any of you would be kind enough to recommend a few of your favorites?

Anything within the ring-road is of interest. Thanks in advance.
by TerraLavoro
11 Apr 2018, 15:46
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Giuseppe Cocchiola
Replies: 6
Views: 160

Re: Giuseppe Cocchiola

by TerraLavoro
28 Jan 2018, 17:56
Topic: Calise and DiMaio families from Ischia
Replies: 11
Views: 336

Re: Calise and DiMaio families from Ischia

I should add that since I have ancestors born in most of the comunes on the island, I have noticed that when searching the indices for last names like D'Ambra, Di Lustro, Di Maio etc, make sure to look under the "A"s for Ambra, the "L"s for Lustro, and the "M"s for Maio. Said another way, don't be d...
by TerraLavoro
28 Jan 2018, 17:05
Topic: Calise and DiMaio families from Ischia
Replies: 11
Views: 336

Re: Calise and DiMaio families from Ischia

I found the birth record for Francesco Crescenzo Calise , born 16 April,1893 in Lacco Ameno to Raffaele Calise and Angelina D'Ambra. See page link to the record: https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1:S3HT-X339-CJ4?i=9&wc=MXM7-XWP%3A52383001&cc=1488367 Lacco Ameno records have the index located...
by TerraLavoro
22 Nov 2017, 17:09
Topic: Proietto or Figlio Naturale
Replies: 18
Views: 649

Re: Proietto or Figlio Naturale

Dear suanj & carubia, After reading the very interesting back and forth here on this topic, I am now tempted to add yet another wrinkle....i.e. the case in post-unification Italy, especially in the exclaves of Pontecorvo and Benevento as well as other comuni in the former papal states, a child might...
by TerraLavoro
10 Oct 2017, 06:46
Topic: Silvaggi, Tiberio in Ceccano
Replies: 20
Views: 1434

Re: Silvaggi, Tiberio in Ceccano

Yes Philadelphia is your consulate.
by TerraLavoro
10 Oct 2017, 06:45
Topic: Silvaggi, Tiberio in Ceccano
Replies: 20
Views: 1434

Re: Silvaggi, Tiberio in Ceccano

Oh my, I'm sorry for the impossibly late reply. All research I've done has shown than in order to serve in the US military at that time (conscripted or voluntary service), a person immediately was made a US citizen, and forfeited any other citizenship. This would hereby break the line of Italian ci...