Search found 17 matches

by msabattini
02 Jun 2016, 23:08
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: Sabatini vs. Sabattini?
Replies: 0
Views: 1858

Sabatini vs. Sabattini?

Hi all, On the birth records for my GGF and GG-uncles, it appears Sabatini and Sabattini are used almost interchangeably. Why is that, and will that cause any difficulty with the Consulate when I go for my jure sanguinis appointment? My GGF's birth record says Sabatini. However all his US documents ...
by msabattini
02 Jun 2016, 15:46
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: Need help with a few birth cert phrases
Replies: 10
Views: 2371

Re: Need help with a few birth cert phrases

Wow, THANKS!!! And yes, I should've included the familysearch link for Alfredo - sorry, I wasn't thinking. The other two, though, are the best I could do because I had to go to an LDS family history center to see those images and when I tried to download them it kept telling me there was a "con...
by msabattini
02 Jun 2016, 08:22

Re: Need help with a few birth cert phrases

Edit: Angelo and Alberto would be my GG-uncles. Also, on the matter of Sabatini vs Sabattini, I was told earlier by an esteemed member of this forum that it shouldn't be an issue, but to confirm with the Consulate. True to form, the Consulate did not respond to my inquiry. I do not trust the Consula...
by msabattini
02 Jun 2016, 05:59

Need help with a few birth cert phrases

Hi all, Thanks in advance for your help. My GGGF, Vincenzo, had 3 sons: Alfredo (my GGF), Angelo, and Alberto. Here's the birth certificates for my GGF and great-uncles. Alfredo's birth certificate seems typical, but since he is my link to Italian citizenship, I'd love to know exactly what it says. ...
by msabattini
09 May 2016, 13:01
Topic: Can I pick up birth certificate (estratto) while visiting the Comune?
Replies: 42
Views: 15245

Re: Can I pick up birth certificate (estratto) while visiting the Comune?

Thanks. It just seems funny to have to get a statement saying there was only 1 Alfredo born to a Vincenzo Sabatini and an Ester Stefani between Dec 3 and Dec 5 1872. ...As if there were a dozen couples all named Vincenzo Sabatini and Ester Stefani, all living in that particular comune in 1872, all g...
by msabattini
09 May 2016, 09:50

Thanks jennabet. Should I ask for that separate document to include something about the spelling discrepancy too? If so, what specifically am I asking for? Sorry if the answer to that seems obvious, but given the language barrier and response times I just want to get this right the first time.
by msabattini
07 May 2016, 21:54

...And a couple more: I don't get to visit my folks all that often, but I'll be out there next week. While I'm there, could I take care of getting my dad's "declaration of no renunciation" filled out and notarized? (Easier to handle it in person than from afar) I guess the real question is...
by msabattini
07 May 2016, 21:27

Oooooooooooh, just thought of another one: Alfredo's birth date (according to the Italian record) is Dec 3 1872. His marriage license doesn't show a birth date, but I imagine his naturalization papers will. I haven't yet received whatever it is that USCIS provides, but his County naturalization reco...
by msabattini
07 May 2016, 20:55

Thanks jennabet. That gives me peace of mind. Another one for you: Is the €300 the total amount for the appointment, or is it €300 for each person who wants to piggy-back off my documents? (For instance, if my sister or one of my cousins wants to join the endeavor.) And must I know who's joining me ...
by msabattini
07 May 2016, 07:43

I guess I was accustomed to dealing with Zocca.
Who knew Bologna would have a user-friendly website and make it easy for a US-based request? And even include the expected response time. Wow!
Once again, you were super helpful, suanj.
Thanks again!
by msabattini
06 May 2016, 23:06

Thank you so much, suanj! Will do. Should I expect Bologna to charge a fee? Would it help if I offered to provide some return postage, like a stamped self-addressed envelope or something? Regarding contacting the Consulate, that seems easier said than done. Everything I read makes it seem like they ...
by msabattini
06 May 2016, 17:47

Now that hope is alive, three other questions, if I may: 1) The birth record shows my GGF's last name spelled Sabatini, whereas every US document related to him shows it spelled Sabattini - even things in his own handwriting. Why is that? ...And so all the documents for my GF, F, and me are all Saba...
by msabattini
06 May 2016, 17:20

YES!!! YES!!! YES!!! YES!!! YES!!! YES!!! YES!!! YES!!! YES!!! YES!!! YES!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh man, suanj you saved the day! I had pretty much given up. Funny thing is, I did provide the Anagrafe in Zocca with the names of Alfredo's parents, but I can understand if he couldn't make a connection with a rec...
by msabattini
05 May 2016, 00:38

(Oops... This was supposed to show first. I don't know what happened. It apparently went piff after I hit send.) UPDATE FROM OP: I just visited Zocca, and had an interesting exchange with the Anagrafe, Mr. Marchetti, who is also the local historian. He even helped me locate my family's ancestral hom...