Search found 485 matches

by jrbak
25 Jun 2020, 17:22
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: Help with the translation of 1869 #177 birth record for Calegero Scime
Replies: 9
Views: 315

Re: Help with the translation of 1869 #177 birth record for Calegero Scime

Dear Angela, Thank you so very much as you came to my rescue once again. This does make so much sense now. How sad about these foundling children but I am hopeful for most that their lives were blessed and became productive. I was tired yesterday and was going to start searching again in the town Va...
by jrbak
25 Jun 2020, 17:14

Dear Biff, My apologies as I did not even see your comments. It was totally overlooked and I am very sorry I missed it. Thank you so much. I am glad Erudita pointed it out to me. As Angela has pointed out to me many times before, Jefferie slow down. So again,my apologies and thank you for the father...
by jrbak
25 Jun 2020, 00:54

Hi Tessa, Thank you so very much. Were you able to find his father on the record? I sure appreciate your help. This family has been very hard to find the records. I have searched and searched for Rosaria Tamburelli's birth which should be about 1884 according to the age she was coming to the US-18 i...
by jrbak
24 Jun 2020, 22:12

Help with the translation of 1869 #177 birth record for Calegero Scime

Hello, Would someone mind helping me with the translation of this birth document for Calogero Scime, birth 3 May 1869. I cannot read the name before Giuseppe and am not sure if this is the father. I do not know who the mother is either. On the left of the document, I believe this is the marriage dat...
by jrbak
13 Jun 2020, 21:11
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Looking for records for Santhia, Vercelli, Piedmonte, Italy
Replies: 2
Views: 136

Re: Looking for records for Santhia, Vercelli, Piedmonte, Italy

Dear Tessa, Thank you so much for your explanation and the site. It will help me so much. When I have more time I will start searching. As far as the ecclesiastical records go, I probably would read the first line on a document which may tell me the church or province, right? Have a good day. My bes...
by jrbak
13 Jun 2020, 21:02
Topic: Locating birth,marriage records for Pozzengo, Italy
Replies: 15
Views: 571

Re: Locating birth,marriage records for Pozzengo, Italy

Thank you Adelphio and Marty for more of the records. I am grateful for all of your help. Sorry I did not thank you earlier as I have been researching and not online.
Best Regards,
Jefferie (jrbak)
by jrbak
13 Jun 2020, 21:00

Hi Pippo,
I have been busy researching and not online so I missed thanking you for the messages you left. I could not read the dates so I sure appreciate your work.
Thank you so much,
Jefferie (jrbak)
by jrbak
13 Jun 2020, 19:40
Topic: Meaning of the word Pio before many names in birth records
Replies: 4
Views: 269

Re: Meaning of the word Pio before many names in birth records

Hello Paola, Thank you so much for your explanation here. I truly appreciate your help with this. So they used this to differentiate between different Clerico families? Right? Is is interesting. I am sorry I did not thank you before this but I have been so busy researching and had not been on in awh...
by jrbak
13 Jun 2020, 19:32
Topic: Looking for records for Santhia, Vercelli, Piedmonte, Italy
Views: 136

Looking for records for Santhia, Vercelli, Piedmonte, Italy

Good Morning, I am looking for records for Santhia, Italy and it is located in the Vercelli province. I went onto Family Search and looked through the civil registration records which they had but nothing right now for Santhia. So I was wondering if all of the municipalities in the Province of Verce...
by jrbak
01 Jun 2020, 00:49

Dear Marty, Thank youso much for looking further for more records. I am most appreciative. What kind of records are these for Luigi Colli and for Luigia Sorisio. I know they were married to the prospective bride and groom and both died. I also noticed that Angela Marie Colli was once married to Luig...
by jrbak
01 Jun 2020, 00:04
Topic: Need refresher on married woman using maiden names
Views: 184

Re: Need refresher on married woman using maiden names

Dear Biff83, I appreciate your response so much. I have a second marriage record for both parties who were widowed and she is named Angela Maria Colli however her first husband was Luigi Colli. Do you think that the record was written up wrong by the priest? Could she marry a cousin? Marty just foun...
by jrbak
29 May 2020, 22:13
Topic: Need refresher on married woman using maiden names
Views: 184

Need refresher on married woman using maiden names

Hi All,
I need to be reminded of women who marry again after being widowed. I know the woman keeps her maiden name when she marries; does she keep it also if she remarries again? I think so but I have forgotten. Thanks for your help.
Jefferie (jrbak)
by jrbak
29 May 2020, 19:16
Topic: Help with translation of 1869 birth record #20 of Catterina Clerico
Views: 182

Re: Help with translation of 1869 birth record #20 of Catterina Clerico

Hi Erudita,
Thank you for your help. I learned a new word ieri -yesterday. Thanks! I will place it on my roster.
Jefferie (jrbak)
by jrbak
29 May 2020, 18:47
Topic: Help with additions and/or corrections of Latin 1828 birth record of Pietro Antonio Clerico
Views: 196

Re: Help with additions and/or corrections of Latin 1828 birth record of Pietro Antonio Clerico

Hi livio,
Thanks, I thought you might add the duo (2) to the decima (10)- is that right? but I was not certain. Thanks for the correction.
Jefferie (jrbak)
by jrbak
29 May 2020, 18:43
Topic: Help with translation of birth record #9 1860 for Gioanni Clerico
Views: 139

Re: Help with translation of birth record #9 1860 for Gioanni Clerico

Dear liviomoreno,
I appreciate your help here with the name and month. It's nice to work with you again.
Best Regards, Jefferie (jrbak)