by kgargano
16 Jun 2020, 22:31
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: Year of death?
Replies: 3
Views: 390

Re: Year of death?

Thank you!

I forgot to add - there is an age listed on the record (52), does that pertain to Francesco or his wife? I'm assuming Francesco, they usually don't note the spouse's age.
by kgargano
16 Jun 2020, 22:23
Topic: Year of death?
Replies: 3
Views: 390

Year of death?

Hello, I'm having trouble determining the death year on this marriage bans record. The document pertains to Francesco Gentile, and the date is either 1794 or 1754. Any help would be appreciated - thanks! http://dl.antenati.san.beniculturali.it/v/Archivio+di+Stato+di+Salerno/Stato+civile+della+restau...
by kgargano
15 Jun 2020, 19:34
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Multiple parents listed for ancestor?
Replies: 4
Views: 403

Re: Multiple parents listed for ancestor?

Huh, that's too bad. It definitely explains the additional parent. Sadly for me if this is the case, it looks like I'll be without a death record for Francesco.
by kgargano
15 Jun 2020, 17:07

Re: Multiple parents listed for ancestor?

That's really unfortunate if they fudged the record just to fit. The town they lived is very small, Sant'Arsenio. I can image not wanting to keep up with records if there was disease, but I think the town was small enough they would be able to continue recording?
by kgargano
15 Jun 2020, 16:00

Multiple parents listed for ancestor?

Last night while researching my ancestor, I came across a little mystery that I need help to solve. From the looks of it, two different sets of parents are listed on the same documents, and I'm not sure what to make of the "newer" pair. My ancestor in question is Francesco Reciniello , who...
by kgargano
03 Jun 2020, 23:19
Topic: Numbers on Birth Index
Replies: 2
Views: 378

Numbers on Birth Index

I'm looking into my ancestors births, but there are two numbers next to familiar names I can't figure out! One looks like there is a "S." next to the number and I don't know what that means. The numbers are next to the names Tamburrini on this page: http://dl.antenati.san.beniculturali.it/...
by kgargano
03 Jun 2020, 22:03
Topic: Deaths listed on Marriage Record
Replies: 6
Views: 541

Re: Deaths listed on Marriage Record

Oh yes, I have her name. I'd like to locate her death record to have on file and also learn her parent's names. But when I go to 1817 I can't find her name in the index.
by kgargano
03 Jun 2020, 18:27

Their other daughter has the same dates noted on her marriage record, and confirms Addolorata died in 1817. However I don't see her name :/ http://dl.antenati.san.beniculturali.it/v/Archivio+di+Stato+di+Chieti/Stato+civile+della+restaurazione/Lanciano/Matrimoni/1834/18429+suppl+2/007965143_00741.jpg...
by kgargano
03 Jun 2020, 18:06

I found an Addolorata, but the surname is incorrect and it doesn't list any family.

http://dl.antenati.san.beniculturali.it ... ewsIndex=0
by kgargano
03 Jun 2020, 16:36

Thank you! I was able to find Giuseppe's death record, having trouble locating Addolorata. Fingers crossed I can find it, the last number is tough to read.
by kgargano
02 Jun 2020, 23:25

Deaths listed on Marriage Record

Hello, Can anyone help with translating deaths listed within a marriage record? It looks like there are three listed, and I found the first as being the groom's father. However I'm unsure who the other two are referring to. http://dl.antenati.san.beniculturali.it/gallery2/main.php?g2_view=core.Downl...
by kgargano
01 May 2020, 16:29
Topic: Help finding Death Record
Views: 619

Re: Help finding Death Record

Thank you everyone for your help. Unfortunately I don't know what happened to the other children and only have marriage records for Gesualda and Antonio. On another forum someone suggested Francesco may have died in another town and his death is recorded there. Has anyone seen this before? I only ha...
by kgargano
29 Apr 2020, 21:41
Topic: Help finding Death Record

Help finding Death Record

Hello, I'm hoping to have some help in finding the death record for my ancestor, Francesco DiStefano. I've determined a timeframe he may have passed away, but haven't been able to find the record. Francesco DiStefano was born in 1823 in Caltavuturo, Italy to Antonio DiStefano and Giovanna Chiappone....
by kgargano
27 Apr 2020, 22:22
Topic: Help translating surname

Re: Help translating surname

Wait! I think the "Leta" is a mistake. On the death record, it shows her parents as Nicolo and Paola Giuffre. Searching more Caltavuturo records, I found a death record for a Luciano Genovese - parents are Nicolo and Paolo Giuffre. http://dl.antenati.san.beniculturali.it/v/Archivio+di+Stat...
by kgargano
27 Apr 2020, 21:53
Topic: Help translating surname

Re: Help translating surname

Yikes, my comment sound so snarky! I promise I didn't mean it that way, that's what I get for trying to type, read and think at the same time!

Its possible Angelo was the brother of Pietro, Guiseppa's husband. I've seen Angelo in my research, but haven't connected him to Pietro yet.