Search found 841 matches

by MarcuccioV
Yesterday, 15:22
Forum: Off Topic - We don't only do Italian Genealogy
Topic: Private Family Trees
Replies: 5
Views: 1420

Re: Private Family Trees

I am wondering why people are so unhelpful on Ancestry? What is the point of even being on there if you refuse to reply, let alone provide any helpful information, even to a close genetic relative/DNA match? It is VERY frustrating. Fear, for the most part. Too many people are afraid someone is goin...
by MarcuccioV
25 Sep 2021, 16:35
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: 1822 Death Record #22 Annantonia Ricci
Replies: 6
Views: 341

Re: 1822 Death Record #22 Annantonia Ricci

For the record, Pancianella does not come up on the surname map. Panciarella exists only in ONE commune (in the vicinity of Pescara):

http://www.gens.info/italia/it/turismo- ... U8xsyuSmUk
by MarcuccioV
24 Sep 2021, 04:51
Forum: Genetic genealogy
Topic: No Greece after all
Replies: 1
Views: 721

Re: No Greece after all

I just now saw my updated DNA estimates from Ancestry. Very disappointed to see the Greece/Albania estimate was removed. I assumed that it came from the Italian side of my family. And after reading about Greeks living in Italy for such a long time, I thought for sure we had a little Greek in our fa...
by MarcuccioV
23 Sep 2021, 20:34
Forum: Locations in Italy
Topic: Street Names of Campli
Replies: 10
Views: 725

Re: Street Names of Campli

Not sure if it applies in your case, but often smaller streets/alleys were eliminated as roads/buildings were constructed/modified. Other times routes were re-named in honor of either a local resident of note or a historical or religious figure. This is not an uncommon situation. A lot can change in...
by MarcuccioV
23 Sep 2021, 05:17
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Looking for any info or direction on my g-grandfather Sperone.
Replies: 3
Views: 604

Re: Looking for any info or direction on my g-grandfather Sperone.

Looking at the surname map, the most likely correct spelling of the surname is Speroni. it is rare in Abruzzo, however. It is mostly found in the NW (Lombardia, Emilia-Romagna, Liguria, & parts of Toscana and Lazio). More than likely his ancestral roots lie in one of those regions...
by MarcuccioV
22 Sep 2021, 01:19
Topic: Question on Mother's Surname
Replies: 7
Views: 426

Re: Question on Mother's Surname

Here's the distribution of "Re":
by MarcuccioV
22 Sep 2021, 01:08
Topic: Question on Mother's Surname
Replies: 7
Views: 426

Re: Question on Mother's Surname

Mother's Surname Question for Maria Concetta De Luca see it shown as Giovanna, but those initials ( Re ? ) in place of a Surname ?? does it mean her surname is same as husband Luiggi ?? have seen this on a few records. Image 328 https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1:33S7-9TVQ-Q8G?i=327&wc...
by MarcuccioV
22 Sep 2021, 00:58
Forum: Off Topic - We don't only do Italian Genealogy
Topic: Private Family Trees
Replies: 5
Views: 1420

Re: Private Family Trees

Is there a way to view private family trees in Ancestry.com. perhaps with a paid subscription? No, paid subscriptions give no private tree access. If by doing a search you've found someone on a private tree, your only recourse is to contact that tree owner for permission -- usually that comes in th...
by MarcuccioV
19 Sep 2021, 14:20
Forum: Italian History & Culture
Topic: Regional dishes, cooking styles
Replies: 17
Views: 1234

Re: Regional dishes, cooking styles

A few dishes I did not mention, bracciole (made with the schnitzel beef as you mentioned), "zuppa di pasta fagioli" (I did not like bean soup), baccala at the Holidays, etc. We had a home garden as well (tended by my father, who was not Italian, at least not that I can find). We grew lots ...
by MarcuccioV
19 Sep 2021, 00:40

We use to grow our own scarole at home and it was often used in minestra or sometimes as a salad. It is suppose to be very good for you, but I always found it very bitter and kept adding lots of home made cheese to disguise the bitter taste. Your recipe here with the sultanns and the anchovies is q...
by MarcuccioV
18 Sep 2021, 02:06

One unique thing I remember about my grandmother's cooking was her use of capers, for example in scicciata and on pizza. How common are capers in Italian cooking? The chicken recipe with the olive oil & anchovies has capers. Also marinated artichoke hearts. I would think capers would be rare du...
by MarcuccioV
17 Sep 2021, 23:26
Topic: Birth Translation for Angelo De Luca 1889
Replies: 11
Views: 1036

Re: Birth Translation for Angelo De Luca 1889

Birth Translation for Angelo De Luca 13 Apr 1889 looking for Mother, Maria De Luca birth age ?? the line under her name ?? Image 1398 https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1:33SQ-GTNF-N5W?i=1397&wc=93L3-MNG%3A179053801%2C179173901%3Fcc%3D1887904&cc=1887904 Nicholas 8) Her age is not giv...
by MarcuccioV
16 Sep 2021, 05:41
Topic: Marriage Act translation
Views: 664

Re: Marriage Act translation

My confusion toward this whole situation has cleared. I have a 2GGm named Rosa Mezzo (born in Valmontone 1824) whose father was Luigi Mezzo. The Rosa Mezzo from THIS document (born in Valmontone in 1826) to a Lorenzo Mezzo. Apparently cousins to some extent with the same name. The first one (my 2GGm...
by MarcuccioV
15 Sep 2021, 23:29
Topic: Marriage Act translation
Views: 664

Re: Marriage Act translation

"L'anno Milleottocentonovantuno addi dieci di Febbraio alle ore pomeridiane sei nella casa posta nel Corso Garibaldi numero quaranta. In seguito di richiesta ora fatta a me Leoni Ettore Assessore delegato dal Sindaco con atto tre aprile milleottocentonovanta ad ufficiale dello Stato Civile del...