Search found 1391 matches

by MarcuccioV
Today, 01:57
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: Occupation Telaiuolo?
Replies: 4
Views: 62

Re: Occupation Telaiuolo?

It appears to possibly be someone who uses a frame for weaving, although I know this as a tessitori. Could be regional dialect...
by MarcuccioV
Yesterday, 13:28
Forum: Genetic genealogy
Topic: Using DNA Matches
Replies: 2
Views: 513

Re: Using DNA Matches

I agree with greglam about the private trees (on any matrix), but it HAS enlightened me in other research where the paper trail has been weak or short. And of course, I'd have never found my illegitimate first cousin (nor would she have learned her origins) without it. Like almost anything else, it'...
by MarcuccioV
Yesterday, 13:23
Topic: Mattia Cardillo
Replies: 6
Views: 147

Re: Mattia Cardillo

Piacentini is the name. It is my great grandmother's maiden name, and occurs in both of my grandparent's trees, and we have distant connection to this region, so I'd be interested in any developments... Piacentini is found in Esperia and San Giorgio a Liri in my research Piacentini is well-represen...
by MarcuccioV
16 Aug 2022, 04:52
Topic: Mattia Cardillo
Replies: 6
Views: 147

Re: Mattia Cardillo

Piacentini is the name. It is my great grandmother's maiden name, and occurs in both of my grandparent's trees, and we have distant connection to this region, so I'd be interested in any developments...
by MarcuccioV
15 Aug 2022, 03:18
Topic: DNA Detection
Replies: 5
Views: 100

Re: DNA Detection

Another wrench to throw into the works is often regions overlap each other -- in Ancestry's case, England and NW Europe are combined; this includes Holland, Belgium & Denmark, while Germany is separate as well as Norway and Sweden. Yet the borders are not precise. And Wales and Scotland are also...
by MarcuccioV
14 Aug 2022, 21:19
Topic: DNA Detection
Views: 100

Re: DNA Detection

Depends on what matrix you test with (or upload to). Ancestry, for example, might give you a certain "best guess" percentage and then show a fairly wide range as to what it "could" be -- and I'm sure the other matrices are very similar. Bare in mind the further back you go, the m...
by MarcuccioV
05 Aug 2022, 03:25
Topic: Maria Bulfamante death record translation
Views: 145

Re: Maria Bulfamante death record translation

https://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.it/ark:/12657/an_ua540353/Lqlzy3q Could I have some help with transcribing the death record for Maria Bulfamante. What is the day she died? What is her father's name? Is the mother's name Bartola a first or last name? Thanks, Tammy Date of death 3 Nov 1847. Fa...
by MarcuccioV
01 Aug 2022, 03:36
Forum: Off Topic - We don't only do Italian Genealogy
Topic: Ignore
Views: 149

Re: Ignore

No prob. Hopefully I'll stay off the 'foe' list, LOL...
by MarcuccioV
01 Aug 2022, 02:35
Forum: Off Topic - We don't only do Italian Genealogy
Topic: Ignore
Views: 149

Re: Ignore

I only know of the friend/foe thing (found on the profile page). I've never used it, so I don't know how it works...
by MarcuccioV
31 Jul 2022, 15:29
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Maria Di Rosa
Replies: 8
Views: 211

Re: Maria Di Rosa

Good Morning, I am trying to locate Maria Di Rosa born about 1763 and deceased about 1843. Her mothers last name was either S'IGNORA/S'IGNORE. Her father's name was Filippo Di Rosa. She married Lorenzo Capraro. I am also looking for any brothers or sisters for Maria Di Rosa. I think she was born in...
by MarcuccioV
30 Jul 2022, 03:15
Topic: What Happened to Him After 1853?
Views: 266

Re: What Happened to Him After 1853?

But thanks for looking. Melilli Atti di Morte 1860 Indice -- Ordine # 170 (cannot locate it as it most likely is in a second volume not scanned). Looks like the first name MIGHT be Carmelo..? Father is shown as Mauro. Could THIS be him..? https://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.it/ark:/12657/an_ua35...
by MarcuccioV
29 Jul 2022, 15:19
Topic: What Happened to Him After 1853?
Views: 266

Re: What Happened to Him After 1853?

This is the 1853 birth record for Carmelo Pitruzzello (record 90, page 92). https://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.it/ark:/12657/an_ua35925505/LP3rvk8?lang=en I can't find any subsequent records for him (marriage, death, etc.). His father Mauro died in the same town in 1873. Most of Carmelo's sibli...
by MarcuccioV
29 Jul 2022, 14:56
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: Marriage in Pennsylvania
Replies: 47
Views: 1260

Re: Marriage in Pennsylvania

suanj wrote: 29 Jul 2022, 09:10
Mark already found him, so sorry, my duplicate effort no necessary, however no doubts that is the right person and he was married..
suanj
Thank you for clearing up the details, suanj. I was pretty sure that this was the correct person...
by MarcuccioV
28 Jul 2022, 16:05
Topic: Birth of Tucidide Migliarese
Replies: 15
Views: 279

Re: Birth of Tucidide Migliarese

I don't fully understand. what is the difference between the contract of a marriage and the actual marriage. I didn't find their marriage in the 1922 index so where do I look? Contracted refers to the marriage being documented and performed. It should still be in the Montemiletto records, even if i...
by MarcuccioV
28 Jul 2022, 16:01
Topic: 500 years
Replies: 17
Views: 507

Re: 500 years

darkerhorse wrote: 28 Jul 2022, 15:58 Before considering ancient DNA, my priority is to pick up where the paper trail leaves off in the 1700s.
The "ancient" DNA, IMHO, doesn't tell you much unless you're are a deep-dive researcher or genealogist. I, like you, am more interested in recent generations and ethnicities...