Search found 1526 matches

by MarcuccioV
39 minutes ago
Forum: Genetic genealogy
Topic: Nebula Genomics
Replies: 2
Views: 29

Re: Nebula Genomics

darkerhorse wrote: Today, 00:28 Nebula Genomics?

Wasn't she a student of Obi-Wan Kenobi?
I must have missed that sequel...
by MarcuccioV
Yesterday, 21:38
Topic: Nebula Genomics
Replies: 2
Views: 29

Nebula Genomics

Has anyone here had their DNA analyzed by Nebula Genomics..?

I'm curious about their ethnicity reports based on your whole genome as opposed to a tiny sliver...
by MarcuccioV
21 Jan 2023, 21:10
Forum: Off Topic - We don't only do Italian Genealogy
Topic: Irish Names
Replies: 6
Views: 144

Re: Irish Names

darkerhorse wrote: 21 Jan 2023, 20:42 I can't reason it out.
Looks to me like cousins of cousins, perhaps, not so unlike some Italian marriages in small towns, but I'd suggest more research is necessary to confirm...
by MarcuccioV
21 Jan 2023, 20:34
Forum: Off Topic - We don't only do Italian Genealogy
Topic: Irish Names
Replies: 6
Views: 144

Re: Irish Names

Note the first entry on the page -- it is a Catherina Boland. Her father is Michael Healy.
by MarcuccioV
21 Jan 2023, 03:32
Topic: "Hidden" Italian ancestry..?
Replies: 14
Views: 401

Re: "Hidden" Italian ancestry..?

darkerhorse wrote: 21 Jan 2023, 02:39 Thanks for the info.

I was joking about the mainland.
I was too (sort of), especially since I may have (hopefully) very distant ancestry there... :wink:
by MarcuccioV
21 Jan 2023, 01:38

Would you count 200 years back from today or from your birth year? Either way, it's still within my paper trail for my paternal side and almost all of my maternal side, so I wouldn't expect (m)any surprises. How much would a map like that cost for me, never having had any DNA testing? 200 years -- ...
by MarcuccioV
17 Jan 2023, 04:13

I suppose another explanation is that it's recent but too diluted to detect, but your example of 55% to 60% Italian contradicts that - suggesting it's picking up 5% to 10% Italian on your paternal side. The theory that your paper trail isn't all blood relatives seems worth exploring. Are you able t...
by MarcuccioV
15 Jan 2023, 21:05
Forum: Italian History & Culture
Topic: Approximate date of a photo..?
Replies: 5
Views: 336

Re: Approximate date of a photo..?

Thank you all for your input. I'm still at a loss as to who she is...
by MarcuccioV
15 Jan 2023, 21:02

Do you have geographical locations associated with your own paternal DNA - not from DNA matches - that differ from your own maternal DNA locations? And, I forget, do you have siblings? I'm confused about your first question. My paternal DNA originations (pre-USA) are primarily the UK, NW Europe and...
by MarcuccioV
15 Jan 2023, 20:04

I wouldn't put much weight on the olive skin tone as so many ethnicities can have such skin color. If you ignore skin color does the other evidence point in the same direction? Yes. Especially the preponderance of trace Italian in so many DNA matches to my paternal side yet without evidence in thos...
by MarcuccioV
14 Jan 2023, 22:17

I know you're asking to compare notes with others who have had DNA testing, but I thought I's weign in anyway. As far as the Swedish goes, it reminded me of Gustav Thoeni, the Italian Olympic skier. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gustav_Th%C3%B6ni I think you can find Scandinavian influence, especia...
by MarcuccioV
14 Jan 2023, 18:27

"Hidden" Italian ancestry..?

Wondering if anyone here who is half-Italian on either their maternal or paternal sides that appear to have minute amounts of Italian from the other parent that are untraceable..? My Italian genetics are on my maternal side (including a small percentage of Greek). Ancestry attributes all of this (ex...
by MarcuccioV
09 Jan 2023, 13:34
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Antenati records disappeared..?
Replies: 4
Views: 149

Re: Antenati records disappeared..?

I'm glad I was able to extract what information I did while they were posted, at least. But if it's 100 years, why do they stop at 1920 and not 1922 or 1923..? Those records were there...
by MarcuccioV
08 Jan 2023, 19:56

Re: Antenati records disappeared..?

liviomoreno wrote: 08 Jan 2023, 15:52 In Italy birth records need 100 years to become public, death and marriage records only 70 years.
A new law perhaps..? They've been there for years...
by MarcuccioV
08 Jan 2023, 15:38

Antenati records disappeared..?

I recently looked on Antenati for birth records for the commune of Valmontone -- it seems the only the birth records from 1921-1946 which were previously there have disappeared. Death and marriage records are still present through 1946. Can anyone explain the sudden disappearance of these nascite re...