Search found 4 matches

by vairanoPatenora
21 Jul 2021, 15:04
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Meaning of this Italian land/tax record?
Replies: 5
Views: 1016

Re: Meaning of this Italian land/tax record?

Thank you! So this would be the amount of money that their land produced? They were "contadini", so farmers, so this would presumably be the value of the produce they grew.

There are 4 entries that mention them - does this mean that they had 4 plots of land?
by vairanoPatenora
20 Jul 2021, 23:54

Re: Meaning of this Italian land/tax record?

What year? 1913-1920…the columns on the left correspond to the year. I don’t know what the handwritten number means next to each year however. Tomaso died in 1914, so I notice that there are no numbers written next to years after 1915 whenever he is the subject of the record. Elviro left Italy for ...
by vairanoPatenora
20 Jul 2021, 22:17

Meaning of this Italian land/tax record?

I received some documentation from the Caserta State Archives in Italy - "Catasto Provvisorio Terreni, Matricole dei possessori" and my great-grandfather Elviro Santagata and his father Tomaso are present in it. Would anyone know what information can be gleaned from this document? I suppos...
by vairanoPatenora
22 Jun 2021, 17:19
Topic: Experience with Catasto Provvisorio Terreni in Caserta?
Replies: 0
Views: 3123

Experience with Catasto Provvisorio Terreni in Caserta?

The Caserta State Archives has a record collection called the "Catasto Provvsorio Terreni" that seems to have a detailed record of land ownership in the Caserta region, with land use records, land sales, and property values, from the early 1800s to the 1920s. Has anyone here consulted thes...