Search found 1059 matches

by brujaojos
08 Mar 2007, 20:34
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Looking for PEZZELLA/FARRARA/SERULLO surnames from Avellino
Replies: 12
Views: 10491

Re: Looking for PEZZELLA/FARRARA/SERULLO surnames from Avel

Hi Again, You can do the research yourself for the Family History Center does have microfilm for the town. On the films you can find copies of the birth, marriage, and death records of your ancestors. The films cost $5.75 a roll. Here is the link to the film numbers. http://www.familysearch.org/Eng/...
by brujaojos
08 Mar 2007, 15:35
Topic: Search for Milazzo
Replies: 24
Views: 24141

Re: Search for Milazzo

I am applying for dual citizenship jure sanguinis but need to find out if my great grandparents were married in Poggioreale (born and raised there) or if they married after they came to the US around 1888. Hi YJG, Can you please tell us the names of your ancestors who came to the USA? Can you pleas...
by brujaojos
08 Mar 2007, 14:30
Topic: Looking for PEZZELLA/FARRARA/SERULLO surnames from Avellino
Views: 10491

Re: Looking for PEZZELLA/FARRARA/SERULLO surnames from Avel

Hi mobilehome, Here are the possible manifests you are referring to. Ellis Island Manifest First Name: Rocco Last Name: Pizzella Ethnicity: Italy Italian So. Last Place of Residence: Montaquto, Italy Date of Arrival: Mar 22, 1920 Age at Arrival: 25y Gender: M Marital Status: M Ship of Travel: Dante ...
by brujaojos
07 Mar 2007, 00:37
Topic: Errico Surname
Replies: 5
Views: 11140

Re: Errico Surname

Looking for Italian records or info. As far as I know he never visited the US. I got his name from my great grandfather's (Anthony Enrico, actually Antonio Errico) death certificate. Antonio's mother was listed as Nunziatta Mastadeia. Do not know Cosmo's year of birth, Antonio was born in 1872. Hi ...
by brujaojos
06 Mar 2007, 18:59
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: marriage translation please
Replies: 9
Views: 10165

Re: marriage translation please

Hi Everyone, I wish you had a better copy of the Marriage Record. Here is some information that I can see on it. If you get a better copy, please send it to me or relink it! (Thanks!) The Marriage took place on January 9, 1831 in Sora. The Groom is Giuseppe Lombardozzi, he was 25 years old, born in ...
by brujaojos
06 Mar 2007, 18:31
Topic: Naturalization Brick Wall!
Replies: 13
Views: 9103

Re: Naturalization Brick Wall!

Hi Ricky,

Forgot to ask some questions:

What is the year of birth for Pasquale?
What is his wife's name?
What are some of the names of the children born between 1920-1930?

Thanks
Trish
by brujaojos
06 Mar 2007, 18:27
Topic: Naturalization Brick Wall!
Replies: 13
Views: 9103

Re: Naturalization Brick Wall!

Hi Ricky and everyone, I have to throw my two cents in here. If a name is mis-spelled, it's a good chance that it was overlooked. This holds true for any document such as birth, marriage, and death records. The "staff" doesn't take the time to double check mis-spellings. I find this especi...
by brujaojos
18 Feb 2007, 20:31
Topic: Please tell me what this means in the correct order??? help!
Replies: 4
Views: 6465

Re: Please tell me what this means in the correct order??? h

Ruolo Matricolare is not a Registration of Marriage, iti s a Military record , related to Domenico Ajello son of Pantaleone Ajello and Rosa Ozzimo. Domenico was born on 29 Dec 1888. The Military record includes: personal number, grade, start and end date, etc. Hi There, I just want to thank you for...
by brujaojos
12 Feb 2007, 13:36
Topic: Profession "centara"
Replies: 2
Views: 5361

Re: Profession "centara"

Hi John, Can you post the section of the document where it states the occupation you are looking for? I would like to see it. I know I "cintura" is a belt and it could be a belt maker. There is "censura" - meaning census as in census taker or works in the census office. I still w...
by brujaojos
06 Feb 2007, 00:07
Topic: Vincenzo Desiderio - need help, at dead end
Replies: 2
Views: 3963

Re: Vincenzo Desiderio - need help, at dead end

Hi there, You basically can do your own research for Chieti has microfilm. The films cost $5.75 a roll. On the films you can find copies of the birth, marriage, and death records of the ancestors. Here is the link for the film numbers. http://www.familysearch.org/Eng/Library/fhlcatalog/printing/titl...
by brujaojos
05 Feb 2007, 21:05
Topic: 1930 Census help
Views: 9695

Re: 1930 Census help

Hi There, I found this in the NY Death Index. Maybe the one of the two below is the wife of Filippo. If you find her death record, then call the cemetery to see if Filippo is buried with her. Name - Age at Death - Death Date - Certificate # - County - Soundex Petruzzelli, Filomena - 81 y - July 20, ...
by brujaojos
04 Feb 2007, 03:53
Topic: Please tell me what this means in the correct order??? help!
Replies: 4
Views: 6465

Re: Please tell me what this means in the correct order??? h

Hi There, I hope this helps, Trish In reply to the request for the 20u.s., it is communicated that in the course of the search they have recovered the acts of your relatives, a list of your family is indicated in object: Act of Birth of Ajello Pataleone of Vincenzo (father) and of Tizzone Teresa occ...
by brujaojos
07 Jan 2007, 18:51
Topic: can someone translate this birth record please?
Replies: 7
Views: 7260

Re: can someone translate this birth record please?

Hi, in red some words of excellent Trish's translation: regards, suanj Hi Suanj, Thank you for correcting my typographically errors. This is what I get for having a houseful of people for the New Year's Day Parade (aka-Mummer's Parade in Philly), and not proofreading my work before I sent it. And I...
by brujaojos
07 Jan 2007, 14:13

This sentance though: Contrada Iselistello, is their address? Did they own their own house, though i doubt it!! Also on rootschat, farmer was translated as a peasant,more or less the same thing though!! Hi There, Contrada Iselistello is the road that they were living on. However, the spelling of th...
by brujaojos
06 Jan 2007, 21:57

Hi There, I went and found the birth act you were referring to. I hope this is of some help to you. Smile for me!:) Trish _______________ In the year one thousand eight hundred seventy-two, of day twenty-four, November, in the Town Hall, at the hour eleven ante-meridian. Before me Nicola Mancinelli,...