Reply Back from Comune de Palermo

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
Post Reply
fotomatique
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 6
Joined: 21 Oct 2007, 00:00
Location: San Francisco
Contact:

Reply Back from Comune de Palermo

Post by fotomatique »

I received a swift reply regarding the birth of my grandfather. This was my second attempt. It seems that the IRC's seem to do the trick. Though I did not receive a copy of an original document I did receive the following.

Image
Image

My question, in regards to obtaining italian citizenship, is the document that I received a legal copy of the birth record?

Christopher
wldspirit
Staff
Staff
Posts: 5606
Joined: 17 Nov 2004, 00:00
Location: U.S.A.
Contact:

Re: Reply Back from Comune de Palermo

Post by wldspirit »

I would post your query in the Citizenship forum, that way our members who are more specialized in that particular area will be sure to see your post and reply!!
wldspirit :D
___________________________

"Cambiano i suonatori ma la musica è sempre quella."
ricbru
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 1874
Joined: 04 Feb 2004, 00:00
Location: TRENTO - ITALY
Contact:

Re: Reply Back from Comune de Palermo

Post by ricbru »

yes, this copy is the legal document to start your citizenship process
it is a birth abstract of your ancestor, stating the names of his parents
it is also on plurilingual format, which is just great
Good luck for your process
Riccardo
fotomatique
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 6
Joined: 21 Oct 2007, 00:00
Location: San Francisco
Contact:

Re: Reply Back from Comune de Palermo

Post by fotomatique »

Do I still need to obtain a copy of my Italian grandfathers birth certificate for jus sanguinis?
ricbru
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 1874
Joined: 04 Feb 2004, 00:00
Location: TRENTO - ITALY
Contact:

Re: Reply Back from Comune de Palermo

Post by ricbru »

yes, you need that too, since the lineage is you-father-grandfather-greatgrandfather
bye Riccardo
Post Reply