Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
I found my ggf tonite. I have it pretty much figured out (I think). It looks like he was born 25 Dec 1856 to Salvatore 28 of deceased Antonio. His mother was Domenica Stellato 28 of Nicola. I'm not getting whether they are from Santa Maria (which may have had a different name in 1856).
I believe this solves the question of his mother's surname from their Atti Di Matrimoni.
Am I missing anything important? Can someone also translate the annotation for me.
Thank you so much for your help. I waited a long time to find these records. They were my maternal GF parents and I had not made much progress on his family. I now have a larger portal to the past.
Thank you, Thank you.
Jim
Jim
Researching surnames Ianniello, Tamburrino, Mattora/Martora/Mattori & Scialla in Santa Maria Capua Vetere, Caserta, Campania.
Giovanni Caboto, son of Giulio, was born in Gaeta, Italy, around 1451 AD. After the Aragonese defeated the Angevins in 1461, his family took refuge in Venice where the young Giovanni grew up, got married to Mattea about 1870 and had three children: Ludovico, Sebastiano, and Sancto. His dream was to ...