Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
I have the matrimonio's for these 2 sisters. I am at a loss to figure out their mother's correct surname. It looks like a different name on each document.
I am also trying to figure out Nicola Lombardo's nati.
I believe I have everything else translated correctly.
Can someone help?
Thank you
Jim
Jim
Researching surnames Ianniello, Tamburrino, Mattora/Martora/Mattori & Scialla in Santa Maria Capua Vetere, Caserta, Campania.
in first image the mother is Palma Godice (can't find that surname currently in SMCV). In the second, the mother is Palma Fiore (plenty of Fiore currently in the town). I'm guessing the first record has an error concerning the mother's maiden name unless, of course, there were two different wives for the father.
Nicola Lombardo's place of birth we have seen before in another document you have-frazione S. Angelo in Formis/Capua
Be careful when assuming that this is the same Salvatore as each bride's father. Because of naming patterns in Italy, there could be several or more cousins who were all named after their grandfather Salvatore. These two Salvatores may not be the same person...
I am proceeding with caution. I will uncover supporting evidence eventually to prove or disprove whether she is the same person. I am working on that line, so something may present itself soon.
Thank you
Jim
Jim
Researching surnames Ianniello, Tamburrino, Mattora/Martora/Mattori & Scialla in Santa Maria Capua Vetere, Caserta, Campania.
From 12th October 1946, the national anthem of Italy has been the "Canto degli Italiani" (Chant of the Italians), written in the Autumn of 1847 by a Genoese student and patriot Goffredo Mameli, and set to music in Turin by another Genoese, Michele Novaro. Born during an atmosphere of patriotic fervo...