Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
I have the birth act for Simmaco di Nardo.
I am finding the marriage annotation confusing. The name of the groom in the marriage annotation does not look like Simmaco.
Also, I would like to look at the actual marriage document, but I can't read the date. I am assuming it occurred in S.M.
Any help, please.
Thank you
Jim
Researching surnames Ianniello, Tamburrino, Mattora/Martora/Mattori & Scialla in Santa Maria Capua Vetere, Caserta, Campania.
The notation does not give the grooms first name, just "di Nardo"
The date looks like 28 October 1907 (ficed typo on date)
An the word you may be seeing as the groom's first name looks to be the town of Casapulla, probably the place of marriage...
There has been a strong custom in Italy that determines how children are named: The first male is named after his paternal grandfather.The second male is named after his maternal grandfather.The first female is named after her paternal grandmother.The second female is named after her maternal grandm...