Translating Two Birth Records
Translating Two Birth Records
I need help translating both of these records, Thank-You very much
Re: Translating Two Birth Records
The first record is dated Sept 25, 1871. Baptism of Stefano Ferro. Parents Baldassare Ferro and Michela d"Angelo, a married couple. (There is something strange in this record-the words innodius tertius-I am not sure what this means, but innodius comes from the verb innodare which means to bind or knot; the word innodius is the nave of a wheel; tertius means third). Anyway, maybe someone else knows the meaning of the two words in this document. Otherwise it's just my imagination taking a very wild guess. Since the next child is also a male Stefano, I assume the 1871 infant did not survive.
The second record is dated Sept 6, 1873 (date of the baptism, but the infant was born yesterday, so on the 5th). Same name Stefano, as in the 1871 record. Same parents. Godparents' names are given in this record: Giuseppe Sacco and Santa Saladino, a married couple.
Erudita
The second record is dated Sept 6, 1873 (date of the baptism, but the infant was born yesterday, so on the 5th). Same name Stefano, as in the 1871 record. Same parents. Godparents' names are given in this record: Giuseppe Sacco and Santa Saladino, a married couple.
Erudita
Re: Translating Two Birth Records
The phrase is written "infantem nodius tertius natum"
I believe the second word should be "nudius"... and the phrase reads "a child born three days earlier"
T.
I believe the second word should be "nudius"... and the phrase reads "a child born three days earlier"
T.
Re: Translating Two Birth Records
Good job, T. I believe you are correct.
Erudita
Erudita
Re: Translating Two Birth Records
Thank-You very much
Re: Translating Two Birth Records
Happy to help. BTW, what town are these records from? Possibly there are civil records available for the births, as these are baptism records.
Erudita
Erudita

