Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
April 28, 1720
Giovanni Vincenzo Giuseppe Mistretta born this morning around 12 to Biagio* and Antonia Mistretta, a married couple of the above town.
Godparents: Giuseppe Liberto, son of Giacomo and Anna, a married couple of Alcamo and this Mother Church
and Vita Liberto, daughter of Giacomo and Anna of this town of Alcamo and this Mother Church
Instead of the first name Blasio, which is the Latin for Biagio, the second letter in the record looks like an f. I think it's an error.
Ever since I was a little boy, my dad would show me my great grandfather's card, and tell me that he was a count in Italy. I was always intrigued by that, but never really thought about asking my grandmother questions, or anyone else for that matter. About ten years ago, as more and more information...