Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
I was writing something in Italian and I was wondering if it is correct to say:
"Questa non era la prima, e sicuramente non sarebbe stata l'ultima, volta che Signor Alberto ci avrebbe parlato del nostro comportamento. Eppure, questa volta ci pareva che non avrebbe mai smesso di chiaccherare com se stesso. Quanto tempo passò? Io non lo sapevo, e neanche il resto dei miei compagni."
I would really appreciate the help because I sometimes confuse my tenses in cases such as these.
I was writing something in Italian and I was wondering if it is correct to say:
"Questa non era la prima, e sicuramente non sarebbe stata l'ultima, volta che Signor Alberto ci avrebbe parlato del nostro comportamento. Eppure, questa volta ci pareva che non avrebbe mai smesso di chiaccherare com se stesso. Quanto tempo passò? Io non lo sapevo, e neanche il resto dei miei compagni."
I would really appreciate the help because I sometimes confuse my tenses in cases such as these.
PS:
Is the expression "sprecare molto tempo" correct?
"Questa non era la prima, e sicuramente non sarebbe stata l'ultima, volta che il signor Alberto ci avrebbe parlato del nostro comportamento.
Eppure, questa volta ci pareva che non avrebbe mai smesso di chiaccherare con se stesso. Quanto tempo passò? Io non lo sapevo, e neanche il resto dei miei compagni."
Ps: yes, but better "sciupare molto tempo"
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery
----------------------------------------------
Visit my website: ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
The typical Italian lineage dates from circa 1600, and for most of us that's reasonably profound. But who wants to be "typical" when you might be able to trace a lineage into the 1500s or even into the Middle Ages? Because success in this field requires practice and perseverance, as well as skills m...