Help with translation of marriage record for Bernardo DiFulco
-
italian059
- Master

- Posts: 955
- Joined: 10 Jul 2011, 21:36
Help with translation of marriage record for Bernardo DiFulco
Would someone please translate this record. Is Bernardo's Dad's name Domenico? I am unsure if the maiden names of both mothers are listed. I am also unsure of the bride's maiden name. Is it Sailla? Any information would be appreciated. It is record 279.
Thanks so much,
Mary
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... ng=en&i=69
Thanks so much,
Mary
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... ng=en&i=69
Re: Help with translation of marriage record for Bernardo DiFulco
April 13, 1711
Groom: Bernardo di Fulco, never before married, legitimate and natural son of Domenico and Virginia di Fulco, a married couple of this town.
Bride: Angela Stilla, never before married, legitimate and natural daughter of Paolo and deceased Anna Stilla, who had been a married couple of this town when her mother was alive.
Groom: Bernardo di Fulco, never before married, legitimate and natural son of Domenico and Virginia di Fulco, a married couple of this town.
Bride: Angela Stilla, never before married, legitimate and natural daughter of Paolo and deceased Anna Stilla, who had been a married couple of this town when her mother was alive.
-
italian059
- Master

- Posts: 955
- Joined: 10 Jul 2011, 21:36
Re: Help with translation of marriage record for Bernardo DiFulco
Thanks so much Erudita. This family is a real puzzle. What do you think it meant when it said they had been a married couple of this town when her mother was alive. I am wondering if they didn't move because I cannot find any birth/baptismal records on their daughters, Caterina and Pasqua in Corleone. I have such a deep connection to Corleone since 3 of my grandparents are from there and the other from Agrigento. Thanks again for everything. You have been such a great help through the years.
Mary
Mary
Re: Help with translation of marriage record for Bernardo DiFulco
Mary
Im babysitting my grandkids and am not home, but I had found a marriage record in 1694 for Angela Stilla’s parents. Will try to post the info tomorrow, if you don’t already have it. I tried to find baptism records for Angela Stilla and Caterina and Pasqua. Are Caterina and Pasqua children of Bernardo di Fulco and Angela Stilla, or are they Angela’s sisters? I also tried to find a death record for her deceased mother who was Anna Vecchio. I had no luck finding any of the baptism records or her death record. Anna Vecchio had lived in Corleone since she was a minor, and until her death, which was before her daughter’s 1711 marriage to Bernardo di Fulco. (This info is in Anna Vecchio’s 1694 marriage record to Paolo Stilla).
Have to go now.
Erudita
Im babysitting my grandkids and am not home, but I had found a marriage record in 1694 for Angela Stilla’s parents. Will try to post the info tomorrow, if you don’t already have it. I tried to find baptism records for Angela Stilla and Caterina and Pasqua. Are Caterina and Pasqua children of Bernardo di Fulco and Angela Stilla, or are they Angela’s sisters? I also tried to find a death record for her deceased mother who was Anna Vecchio. I had no luck finding any of the baptism records or her death record. Anna Vecchio had lived in Corleone since she was a minor, and until her death, which was before her daughter’s 1711 marriage to Bernardo di Fulco. (This info is in Anna Vecchio’s 1694 marriage record to Paolo Stilla).
Have to go now.
Erudita
-
italian059
- Master

- Posts: 955
- Joined: 10 Jul 2011, 21:36
Re: Help with translation of marriage record for Bernardo DiFulco
Erudita, Catarina and Angela are children of Bernardo and Angela. I found Catarina’s death record. I think it is November 17, 1787. Please translate. I don’t have the records you are speaking of. Ease send when you can. Attached is Catarina’s death record. 3rd from bottom left side of page. Thanks so much.
Mary
https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1 ... C351367601
Mary
https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1 ... C351367601
Re: Help with translation of marriage record for Bernardo DiFulco
Caterina, wife of the late Giuseppe Criscimanna and daughter of the late Bernardo and Angela Di Fulco, died aged 60 on November 12, 1787. She died in communion with the Holy Roman Church and was buried in the church of the Sant'Agostino convent.
Emilio Lussu: “Che ne sarebbe della civiltà del mondo, se l’ingiusta violenza si potesse sempre imporre senza resistenza?”
Slava Ukraine! 
תחי ישראל
-
italian059
- Master

- Posts: 955
- Joined: 10 Jul 2011, 21:36
Re: Help with translation of marriage record for Bernardo DiFulco
Thanks so much Erudit
Re: Help with translation of marriage record for Bernardo DiFulco
Mary
It was actually mmogno, and not me, who translated Caterina's death record for you. So he, and not me, deserves your thanks for that translation.
I'll be back shortly with the link and translation of the 1694 marriage record for Angela Stilla's parents.
Erudita
It was actually mmogno, and not me, who translated Caterina's death record for you. So he, and not me, deserves your thanks for that translation.
I'll be back shortly with the link and translation of the 1694 marriage record for Angela Stilla's parents.
Erudita
Re: Help with translation of marriage record for Bernardo DiFulco
This should be the link to the 1694 marriage of Paolo Stilla and Anna Vecchio in Corleone. Left page #235, image 85 of 306.
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... ng=en&i=84
The date was July 4, 1694 (banns were on the 20th, 24th, and 27th of June and had resulted in no impediments to the marriage).
The groom: Paolo Stilla, never before married, of this town. He was the legitimate and natural son of deceased Antonino and living Maria Stilla of this town.
The bride: Anna Vecchio, never before married, was of the city of Palermo but living in Corleone from a minor age. She was the daughter of deceased Andrea Vecchio and Angela Vecchio.
I started looking at indices in Bisacquino and Monreale, but no luck so far in finding Anna's baptism record.
Erudita
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... ng=en&i=84
The date was July 4, 1694 (banns were on the 20th, 24th, and 27th of June and had resulted in no impediments to the marriage).
The groom: Paolo Stilla, never before married, of this town. He was the legitimate and natural son of deceased Antonino and living Maria Stilla of this town.
The bride: Anna Vecchio, never before married, was of the city of Palermo but living in Corleone from a minor age. She was the daughter of deceased Andrea Vecchio and Angela Vecchio.
I started looking at indices in Bisacquino and Monreale, but no luck so far in finding Anna's baptism record.
Erudita
-
italian059
- Master

- Posts: 955
- Joined: 10 Jul 2011, 21:36
Re: Help with translation of marriage record for Bernardo DiFulco
Thanks mmogno for the translation and thank you Erudita for pointing that out. I didn’t even look. You are both awesome
-
lindamauer
- Master

- Posts: 1002
- Joined: 12 Mar 2017, 03:49
Re: Help with translation of marriage record for Bernardo DiFulco
Anna Vecchio may have been born in Carini Palermo as her Dad and grandparents may have been
Re: Help with translation of marriage record for Bernardo DiFulco
The only Anna I found in the Carini baptisms in the right time frame was an Anna Francesca Rosalia Lovecchio. Born April 1, 1675, but her parents were Pietro Lovecchio and Giuseppa la Grasso, image 730 of 778, folio 114, top right. Record is in very bad condition. So wrong parents.