Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
I'm in exactly the same situation as Vittorio!! I don't know about you Vittorio but in my case It's a sensitive subject with my mom - and NJ is a difficult state to obtain a copy of a divorce decree. Everything else is fairly simple. That one document however is difficult!!
I agree that you should ignore the divorce. Actually, it is your responsibility to submit only the documents that pertain to your application, and you have no obligation to -nor should you-- submit records that affect only your parents. Should they apply, it would be their responsibility to do so. Best of luck.
There has been a strong custom in Italy that determines how children are named: The first male is named after his paternal grandfather.The second male is named after his maternal grandfather.The first female is named after her paternal grandmother.The second female is named after her maternal grandm...