Divorce Decree

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
VittorioE
Rookie
Rookie

Divorce Decree

Post by VittorioE »

Question... I am the product of my parents first marriage... they are divorced and both remarried... will I need a copy of their divorce decree?

Neither of them is apply at this time.

I am going thought Grandfather :arrow: Mother :arrow: Me.

Thoughts?
johnnyonthespot
Master
Master

Re: Divorce Decree

Post by johnnyonthespot »

If you wanted to "do the right thing", you would alert the consulate to your parent's divorce and provide a copy of the divorce decree.

Frnakly, I see no reason to do this since it has no bearing whatsoever on your own jus sanguinis case. I would not even bring it up.
Carmine

My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me! :)
ncaprio
Rookie
Rookie

Post by ncaprio »

Thanks for the Carmine.

I'm in exactly the same situation as Vittorio!! I don't know about you Vittorio but in my case It's a sensitive subject with my mom - and NJ is a difficult state to obtain a copy of a divorce decree. Everything else is fairly simple. That one document however is difficult!!

Vittorio - where in Jersey are your people?

N
mler
Master
Master

Post by mler »

I agree that you should ignore the divorce. Actually, it is your responsibility to submit only the documents that pertain to your application, and you have no obligation to -nor should you-- submit records that affect only your parents. Should they apply, it would be their responsibility to do so. Best of luck.