Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
I'm in exactly the same situation as Vittorio!! I don't know about you Vittorio but in my case It's a sensitive subject with my mom - and NJ is a difficult state to obtain a copy of a divorce decree. Everything else is fairly simple. That one document however is difficult!!
I agree that you should ignore the divorce. Actually, it is your responsibility to submit only the documents that pertain to your application, and you have no obligation to -nor should you-- submit records that affect only your parents. Should they apply, it would be their responsibility to do so. Best of luck.
One of the most fun things that I discovered in my research was finding my look alike ancestor, Prince Marino Caracciolo II. Don Marino descends from the Caracciolo Rossi family, one of the oldest families in Naples, that date back to 950 AD. He was born in Atripalda on 9-6-1587 and died in Naples o...