Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
I'm in exactly the same situation as Vittorio!! I don't know about you Vittorio but in my case It's a sensitive subject with my mom - and NJ is a difficult state to obtain a copy of a divorce decree. Everything else is fairly simple. That one document however is difficult!!
I agree that you should ignore the divorce. Actually, it is your responsibility to submit only the documents that pertain to your application, and you have no obligation to -nor should you-- submit records that affect only your parents. Should they apply, it would be their responsibility to do so. Best of luck.
Giovanni Caboto, son of Giulio, was born in Gaeta, Italy, around 1451 AD. After the Aragonese defeated the Angevins in 1461, his family took refuge in Venice where the young Giovanni grew up, got married to Mattea about 1870 and had three children: Ludovico, Sebastiano, and Sancto. His dream was to ...