Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
Jim
I have never seen that in any record before, so I really don't know if it means he was a ward of the state or what it means. The name for the father of Scipione is blank.
Peg
Jim
I'm not referring to the number of pages in a birth act. I'm referring to the records in any given year being divided into a Part I and a Part II. Part II would have records for foundlings, etc.
Peg
I make it a point to read all of the names in Part 2 in case there is something of interest. It sounds like you think that is likely where I will find it.
Thank you for the insight.
Jim
Researching surnames Ianniello, Tamburrino, Mattora/Martora/Mattori & Scialla in Santa Maria Capua Vetere, Caserta, Campania.
From 12th October 1946, the national anthem of Italy has been the "Canto degli Italiani" (Chant of the Italians), written in the Autumn of 1847 by a Genoese student and patriot Goffredo Mameli, and set to music in Turin by another Genoese, Michele Novaro. Born during an atmosphere of patriotic fervo...