Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
I have these 2 nati's. The mother's name looks quite different on both documents. I had Luppo and now it looks like Zuppo. Am I going to have to wait for another nati?
Any help?
Thank you
Jim
Researching surnames Ianniello, Tamburrino, Mattora/Martora/Mattori & Scialla in Santa Maria Capua Vetere, Caserta, Campania.
Jim
It's an S versus a Z and not an L. There are a lot of current listings for Zuppa in the town and one listing comes up with Suppa. Neither is an L.
Peg
Jim
Giovanni was alive in the 1861 record and deceased in the 1863 record which is how dragoni arrived at the estimated years of death as being between 1861 and 1863.
Peg
I looked at the reply and thought, how does dragoni know this info. Nothing immediately came to mind so I inquired. As I was driving to work (I do my best thinking then), I thought, wow, that wasn't too difficult. Those were the 2 years of the nati's. When I get to work, I will fix the post before anyone sees it.
I missed that opportunity.
Thank you for setting me straight.
Jim
Researching surnames Ianniello, Tamburrino, Mattora/Martora/Mattori & Scialla in Santa Maria Capua Vetere, Caserta, Campania.
Italians have not invented coffee, yet the passion they have for it makes the rest of world believe they discovered it. Around the end of the sixteen century, it was Venice where coffee was first introduced. Thanks to its trade relationship with the Eastern countries. Initially, coffee was considere...