Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
I have these 2 nati's. The mother's name looks quite different on both documents. I had Luppo and now it looks like Zuppo. Am I going to have to wait for another nati?
Any help?
Thank you
Jim
Researching surnames Ianniello, Tamburrino, Mattora/Martora/Mattori & Scialla in Santa Maria Capua Vetere, Caserta, Campania.
Jim
It's an S versus a Z and not an L. There are a lot of current listings for Zuppa in the town and one listing comes up with Suppa. Neither is an L.
Peg
Jim
Giovanni was alive in the 1861 record and deceased in the 1863 record which is how dragoni arrived at the estimated years of death as being between 1861 and 1863.
Peg
I looked at the reply and thought, how does dragoni know this info. Nothing immediately came to mind so I inquired. As I was driving to work (I do my best thinking then), I thought, wow, that wasn't too difficult. Those were the 2 years of the nati's. When I get to work, I will fix the post before anyone sees it.
I missed that opportunity.
Thank you for setting me straight.
Jim
Researching surnames Ianniello, Tamburrino, Mattora/Martora/Mattori & Scialla in Santa Maria Capua Vetere, Caserta, Campania.
One of the most fun things that I discovered in my research was finding my look alike ancestor, Prince Marino Caracciolo II. Don Marino descends from the Caracciolo Rossi family, one of the oldest families in Naples, that date back to 950 AD. He was born in Atripalda on 9-6-1587 and died in Naples o...