Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
I have a death record from 1841 of my paternal line's grandpa's great grandfather.
I need some help reading his parents on here (in the bottom paragraph). I think it says his father is Civiaco; is that an actual name? And it looks like his mother's name was Guarqia Franisi? These would have been people from the 1700's in Avellino so I have no idea what sorts of names were common back then. Any help would be appreciated!
During the mass emigration from Italy during the century between 1876 to 1976, the U.S. was the largest single recipient of Italian immigrants in the world. However, their impact was not as great as countries like Argentina and Brazil. That was due to the fact that hundreds of thousands of immigrant...