Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
I have a death record from 1841 of my paternal line's grandpa's great grandfather.
I need some help reading his parents on here (in the bottom paragraph). I think it says his father is Civiaco; is that an actual name? And it looks like his mother's name was Guarqia Franisi? These would have been people from the 1700's in Avellino so I have no idea what sorts of names were common back then. Any help would be appreciated!
It's said Italy was a country of Saints, poets and navigators. There's no more trace of the poets and navigators but, fortunately, there are traces of the Saints. All the Italian towns are voted to a Saint and one of these is San Gennaro, well-known for his miracle. Who was San Gennaro? San Gennaro ...