Sinopoli

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
RSinopoli

Sinopoli

Post by RSinopoli »

Hi!

I'm looking on information about my great great grandfather, I would like to know which commune he came from.

What I know:

His name was Miguel Sinopoli and was born somewhere in the South of Italy in the year 1826. He married Ma. Antonia Scolpini/Scalpini (it varies according to registers) in Italy but I haven't been able to find the year in which they married.

They emigrated to San Isidro, Buenos Aires, Argentina from the port of Napoli the year of the Yellow fever in Argentina (1971).

I have found both Miguel and Ma. Antonia in the 1895 census and the info there confirms they didn't renounce Italian Citizenship.

Any information would be much appreciated.

Rafaela
Tessa78
Master
Master

Re: Sinopoli

Post by Tessa78 »

RSinopoli wrote:Hi!

I'm looking on information about my great great grandfather, I would like to know which commune he came from.

What I know:

His name was Miguel Sinopoli and was born somewhere in the South of Italy in the year 1826. He married Ma. Antonia Scolpini/Scalpini (it varies according to registers) in Italy but I haven't been able to find the year in which they married.

They emigrated to San Isidro, Buenos Aires, Argentina from the port of Napoli the year of the Yellow fever in Argentina (1971).

I have found both Miguel and Ma. Antonia in the 1895 census and the info there confirms they didn't renounce Italian Citizenship.

Any information would be much appreciated.

Rafaela
Looking at the 1895 Census for Argentina... it looks like they were married for 30 years - so possibly married in 1865 or thereabouts?

The surname SINOPOLI is found throughout Italy today, but is more common in Calabria (south), Piemonte and Lombardy (north) Regions.

T.
RSinopoli

Post by RSinopoli »

Yes, sorry, I'd figured that year approx from the census. They came from the south, definitely.

Typo mistake 1871 was when they emigrated.
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

RSinopoli wrote:Yes, sorry, I'd figured that year approx from the census. They came from the south, definitely.

Typo mistake 1871 was when they emigrated.
Thought that was what you meant :-)

Unfortunately, this Buenos Aires Ship Arrivals list only begins with 1882.
http://sites.google.com/site/barcosdeagnelli/Listado

T.
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

Hi, Sinopoli and Scolpino(SCOLPINO) surnames, both they was present in Padula town( Salerno province, Campania, region IT); by https://www.familysearch.org/ you can search in this database on line
Italy, Salerno, Padula, Civil Registration (Comune), 1809-1940

I found a Mariantonia SCOLPINO born in Padula on 7th Nov. 1841 daughter of Michele Scolpino( age unreadable maybe 40 old) and Rosa Forte( 29 old):
birthact
page 1
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/40 ... obirt.jpg/

page 2
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/51 ... obirt.jpg/

I no found other Mariantonia Scolpino born between 1840-1845; just this record; I believe that, with a bit of patience you can search also Michele Sinopoli birthact, born between 1820-1830 or so, because the birthyears on 1895 Argentina census are no much corrects... ditto for marriage record search between 1860 and 1870...

I am a bit positive that Padula is the right birthplace....
just a my suggestion,
all the best,
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
RSinopoli

Post by RSinopoli »

Suanj, thank you so much!!! This information is of so much value!

Yes, I have been searching the marriage records in Padula for between 1860 and 1870 because I also suspected they where born and married there. I have found a Sinopoli marriage and a Scolpini Marriage (other members) but still have a lot of documents to go through.

Thank you once again!
Rafaela
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

I believe that by a deep search you will find the records... you know if they had some child born in Italy? or all children was born in Argentina? by 1895 census seeming so, but maybe they had some other child that appearing not in 1895 census... it could be possible?
Regards,
suanj

Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
RSinopoli

Post by RSinopoli »

Anything could be possible, all I have are stories older people from my family have told me. According to them, they Married in Italy but only had children in Argentina. I only know of 4 children they had (even though the 1895 census says 6 children):

Miguel Sinopoli (born in Argentina 1876 aprox)
Antonio Sinopoli (born in Argentina 14 october 1878 and died on 9th August 1964)...he was a famous composer that's why I've been able to track down his exact DOB).
Jose Sinopoli (born aprox 1885)
NN (my family can't remember the 4th childs name...or if he was older or younger than the rest).

I will keep scanning the Padula records now that I know that this place is very likely to be the comune I've been searching for.

Best,
Raf
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

thank you, I hope that you will find...
suanj

Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
RSinopoli

Post by RSinopoli »

I saw your website and great recommendations! so once I have more information I will probably get back in touch with you.
RSinopoli

Post by RSinopoli »

Yay! Found Michele Arcangelo Sinopoli (DOB: 24 sept 1826/Christening: 29 sept 1826) so I think that's him!

https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... c=12776039
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

wonderful!!!!!!!!!!! I had no doubts abt Padula birthplace...!! Now remaining of to find the marriage record if married in Italy as I think!!
wonderful!
suanj

Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
RSinopoli

Post by RSinopoli »

I found the marriage records! Married in Padula in 1862 :) I'm over the moon with joy !
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

ahahaha good find! maybe they had also some other child born in Padula.... now you can make a complete genealogic tree...!
Hugs,
suanj

Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH