It is difficult to see what is above and below the rifles on the hat insignia. US army infantry used a similar insignia with a number above to indicate the army and a letter below to indicate the company.
Thanks for the reply. I am unable to make out those as well even upon a close examination of the picture. I will see if I can look up some army infantry examples though.
fadippides wrote:Thanks for the reply. I am unable to make out those as well even upon a close examination of the picture. I will see if I can look up some army infantry examples though.
In its most general sense, the term genealogy refers to the study of family history, while encompassing such related fields as ethnology, onomatology and --in rather few cases-- heraldry. It is important to bear in mind that genealogy forms part of the framework of general history. The best genealog...